[OFBiz] Users - UTF-8 Errors

Fred Forester-2
UTF-8 Errors

Hi All,

I am getting Invalid UTF-8 Encoding errors when trying to import this. How can I get around this?

<lastName><![CDATA[GONZÁLEZ MOLINER]]></lastName>

Thanx
Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - UTF-8 Errors

David E. Jones

This may be a problem with your database setup, ie character set that
is used and such. What sort of error are you getting? Detail is
always a good thing....

-David

On Aug 18, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting Invalid UTF-8 Encoding errors when trying to import
> this. How can I get around this?
>
> <lastName><![CDATA[GONZÁLEZ MOLINER]]></lastName>
>

> Thanx
> Fred Forester

RE: [OFBiz] Users - UTF-8 Errors

Fred Forester-2

Actually, that’s about all I am getting is that message at the bottom of the
xml import screen. "Invalid UTF-8 Encoding errors". It took me a while to
track it down to that record.

However, I found running the files through iconv prior to importing seems to
have fixed the problem.

Thanx
Fred

This may be a problem with your database setup, ie character set that
is used and such. What sort of error are you getting? Detail is
always a good thing....

-David

On Aug 18, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am getting Invalid UTF-8 Encoding errors when trying to import
> this. How can I get around this?
>
> <lastName><![CDATA[GONZÁLEZ MOLINER]]></lastName>
>

> Thanx
> Fred Forester

Re: [OFBiz] Users - UTF-8 Errors

David E. Jones

So, you mean that the file wasn't in UTF-8 and you had to convert it
to that, or that you had to convert it from UTF-8 to something else
to get it to work?

Usually if you specify UTF-8 as the character set in the XML header
(ie: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>) it should work fine,
but if it isn't let me know...

-David

On Aug 18, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Actually, that‚s about all I am getting is that message at the
> bottom of the
> xml import screen. "Invalid UTF-8 Encoding errors". It took me a
> while to
> track it down to that record.
>
> However, I found running the files through iconv prior to importing
> seems to
> have fixed the problem.
>
> Thanx
> Fred

RE: [OFBiz] Users - UTF-8 Errors

Fred Forester-2

Sorry... I had to convert to UTF-8. I will admit I am not using <?xml
version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Fred