[OFBiz] Users - Unit Testing

Surya Siddavatam
Hello,

I am evaluating couple of open source testing tools to perform functional, regression and load testing of ofbiz components.

I feel Jmeter is easy to configure and perform load testing. I am also able to run some sample Junit test cases using latest nightly build jmeter.

I am trying to find junit test cases that are developed to unit test ofbiz components, which I want to, run using jmeter for functional testing and also use same test cases

to perform load testing by increasing the thread count. If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts please feel free to let me know.

Thank you.

Surya.

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Unit Testing

David E. Jones

In discussion of testing tools before the main thing we need is
something to coordinate the running of a suite of tests as a group
and support different types of tests, including: JUnit tests written
in Java, OFBiz service engine calls, and running jython scripts (to
take advantage of the TestMaker software for web-based application
testing). Once we get something that can be used to specify all of
these different tests we could write at JUnit wrapper for that so it
can be run as a JUnit test, then it could be plugged into JMeter.
Another option, and perhaps more flexible, would be to make it
possible to run a test suite through a URL and then JMeter would just
really simply hit that URL over and over, and we could have special
words that it filters on (if I remember right it can do this) to
determine success or failure.

So, perhaps to be most flexible for the general test suite runner we
would want to be able to call it from an ant script (ie create an ant
wrapper) and from an HTTP request, and perhaps create a JUnit wrapper
around it as well...

-David