[OFBiz] Users - Users - Tomcat and mod proxy headache

[OFBiz] Users - Users - Tomcat and mod proxy headache

Andrew Sykes
Daniel,

We too had nightmares using mod_jk, so decided to go the
mod_proxy/mod_rewrite route.

Our system has been running like this for a couple of years with no
problems.

Here's a sample httpd.conf entry...

////////////////////////////////

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAlias www.ourdomain.com
    ServerAlias ourdomain.com
    RewriteEngine on

    RewriteRule   ^/od(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]

    RewriteRule   ^/ecommerce(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]
    RewriteRule   ^/images(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/images/$1  [P,L]
    RewriteRule   ^/(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5000/od/
</VirtualHost>

////////////////////////////////

In this example "/od" is the mount point of "ourdomain" in Jetty
In this example "/images" is the mount point of the image dir in Jetty

I know this is slightly different from the way you have been trying, but
I can vouch for it's effectiveness!

I hope that helps you

--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Tomcat and mod proxy headache

drosowsk
Hi Andrew,

thank you very much! I think I can safely say I'm one step closer to success
:-)

When I took your sample apache2.conf entry (customized it for our domain and
copied it to forward a request from port 443 to 8443), the browser now
complains about "connection refused on localhost:8443" !?

Again, when I try to open the URL and the port directly
(https://ourdomain.com:8443) everything works fine.

Any more ideas?
Cheers,
Daniel

> Daniel,
>
> We too had nightmares using mod_jk, so decided to go the
> mod_proxy/mod_rewrite route.
>
> Our system has been running like this for a couple of years with no
> problems.
>
> Here's a sample httpd.conf entry...
>
> ////////////////////////////////
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>     ServerAlias www.ourdomain.com
>     ServerAlias ourdomain.com
>     RewriteEngine on
>
>     RewriteRule   ^/od(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]
>
>     RewriteRule   ^/ecommerce(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]
>     RewriteRule   ^/images(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/images/$1  [P,L]
>     RewriteRule   ^/(.*)$  http://localhost:7000/od/$1  [P,L]
>     ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5000/od/
> </VirtualHost>
>

> ////////////////////////////////
>
> In this example "/od" is the mount point of "ourdomain" in Jetty
> In this example "/images" is the mount point of the image dir in Jetty
>
> I know this is slightly different from the way you have been trying, but
> I can vouch for it's effectiveness!
>
> I hope that helps you
>
> --
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Tomcat and mod proxy headache

David E. Jones

Check out the "Basic Production Setup Guide". This is just a guess,
but it may be a problem with your url.properties file.

-David