[OFBiz] Users - XForms with OfBiz

Nate Reed-2
Have you seen XForms?  This looks like a really clean way to implement
input validation. Has anyone tried XForms with OfBiz, or see any issues
with using it?

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/

It seems well-supported by client-side components, so nothing special
would be required on the server...

Nate

Re: [OFBiz] Users - XForms with OfBiz

Leon Torres-2
I've been looking at this too.  There's a competing option submitted by Mozilla,
Opera and some others called Web Forms:

http://www.w3.org/Submission/2005/02/Comment

I've been reading some comments that xforms is a flawed standard, which prompted
this one to be created.  They'll probably be merged at some point, but it sounds
like we'll have to wait around to see the results.

Also just because it's a w3c thing doesn't mean it's great.  XSD is inferior to
relax-NG for instance.  Sometimes design by committee can come up with things
that aren't very pragmatic.

- Leon