[OFBiz] Users - compiere vs ofbiz?

Si Chen-2
Hi.  I was asked this question and wrote this response:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1379660&forum_id=487771

I was wondering if this is generally fair or if anybody would care to
comment.  Especially since, not knowing how to install Compiere, I
really don't know too much about it.

If you have thoughts, it'd be nice to use that forum to keep track of it.

Thanks and have a great weekend...

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - compiere vs ofbiz?

David E. Jones

Looks good Si, I think this covers all of the main points that I talk
about related to Compiere and OFBiz (licensing, community/company
organization, architecture, etc). I also don't know much about
Compiere as all I've ever done is read the code and talk with others
about it (including Jorg Janke). There are a few Compiere "ex-
patriots" in the OFBiz community that know more it than I do, and now
also know about OFBiz. There may be some OFBiz ex-patriots as well
using Compiere, and it would be interesting to see all of these
opinions, now sure if/how that will happen though... though this
answer and forum thread is a good start.

-David

On Nov 4, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.  I was asked this question and wrote this response:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?
> thread_id=1379660&forum_id=487771
>
> I was wondering if this is generally fair or if anybody would care
> to comment.  Especially since, not knowing how to install Compiere,
> I really don't know too much about it.
>
> If you have thoughts, it'd be nice to use that forum to keep track
> of it.
>
> Thanks and have a great weekend...
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - compiere vs ofbiz?

David E. Jones

Sent this too fast... Forgot to mention/ask that if there are any
groups or companies doing work with both it would be even more
interesting to hear from them, and how they decide which is best in
different situations...

-David

On Nov 5, 2005, at 10:21 PM, David E. Jones wrote:

> Looks good Si, I think this covers all of the main points that I
> talk about related to Compiere and OFBiz (licensing, community/
> company organization, architecture, etc). I also don't know much
> about Compiere as all I've ever done is read the code and talk with
> others about it (including Jorg Janke). There are a few Compiere
> "ex-patriots" in the OFBiz community that know more it than I do,
> and now also know about OFBiz. There may be some OFBiz ex-patriots
> as well using Compiere, and it would be interesting to see all of
> these opinions, now sure if/how that will happen though... though
> this answer and forum thread is a good start.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 4, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Si Chen wrote:
>

>> Hi.  I was asked this question and wrote this response:
>> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?
>> thread_id=1379660&forum_id=487771
>>
>> I was wondering if this is generally fair or if anybody would care
>> to comment.  Especially since, not knowing how to install
>> Compiere, I really don't know too much about it.
>>
>> If you have thoughts, it'd be nice to use that forum to keep track
>> of it.
>>
>> Thanks and have a great weekend...
>>
>> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - compiere vs ofbiz?

Husky-5
I will choose ofbiz. it support more java containers and more database options. Compiere only support Oracle even though they are porting to other db now.

[OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] OFBIZ Latest Release !!!

Richard Nduka

I want to know if ofbiz3.0 as listed in the downlaod
page is the latest release of ofbiz. If not could
someone please tell me how i can get the latest
release.

Regards,
Richard

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: [OFBiz] OFBIZ Latest Release !!!

Si Chen-2
You can either get a weekly build or a Sequoia ERP release:
weekly build: http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/downloads.php
sequoia erp: http://www.sequoiaerp.org

Si