[OFBiz] Users - control refund of shipping charges?

[OFBiz] Users - control refund of shipping charges?

Si Chen-2
Is there a way to control (ie, turn on or off) whether shipping charges
are refunded on returns?

Si

[OFBiz] Users - Help required on using multiple data store

Chakraborty, Debanjan [WHQEO]

Hi everyone,
    We have a requirement in our project for accessing a combination of multiple data providers (e.g. the application's database and a flat file) in order to create an entity. I was wondering as to how to go about doing it.

E.g. consider a situation where the values of attributes of an entity(as defined in entitymodel.xml) are to be populated by the app DB as well by a remote file system (say, a flat file residing on a remote ftp server). Is a there a provision (in OFBiz) for defining the entity in such a way, so that we can specify that the values of attribute X and Y of the entity E1 is to be populated from the app DB, and the value of attribute Z is to be populated from another flat file? If we can do so, then how do we do it? Can the concept of eecas.xml be useful in this case? Can we specify in the eecas.xml that while populating the values of the entity, it needs to invoke another service  (say S1)  for populating the value of attribute Z? Now, this service S1 can take care of making the necessary calls to the file system in order to retrieve the appropriate values that can be used to populate Z.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

regards,
Debanjan

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Help required on using multiple data store

David E. Jones

This is kind of outside the scope of the Entity Engine. I don't think
it would be a good idea to try to have an entity with some fields in
the database and some in a file somewhere. This would cause lots of
problems with transactions and SQL processing and all sorts of
things. You would basically have to implement a fairly complete
virtual database, which even if done with data coming from and going
to multiple places would never really perform very well.

If this is needed as part of some sort of integration process the
data should be imported and exported by something else. If this
doesn't make sense I recommend that you consult with others on your
team to identify your needs and processes, that is kind of getting
out of the scope of what is usually covered on the OFBiz mailing
lists. In other words, people here may be able to offer feedback and
make recommendations, but no one here has any idea about what the
needs or requirements are that you are trying to address.

Best of luck...

-David