[OFBiz] Users - emails not sent and not rescheduled

[OFBiz] Users - emails not sent and not rescheduled

Jan Krueger
Hi,

We created our own ecommerce part in the ofbiz (called eportal).
Within this, we have an emailing functionality which schedules the sending
of an email (<i>dispatcher.runSync("sendGenericNotificationEmail",
mailData);</i>).
We often use this to send a notification to an employee and a confirmation
to a customer right after another.

Now sometimes one of the emails is not sent.
According to the logfile,
<li>the email is scheduled (<i>04 Aug 2005 09:27:56,071 INFO
GenericAsyncEngine [PoolThread-2][]: Persisted job queued :
PersistedServiceJob [Thread-11][]:
org.ofbiz.service.job.PersistedServiceJob@ba0dfc -- Next runtime: -1</i>)
- but it is not sent! And it is not rescheduled.
In the JobList, this emailjob is shown with the correct start time, but no
finish time.

As far as I understood the problem, the job is scheduled and runs without
errormessage, therefore no rescheduling. But for some reason, the email is
not sent.

Unfortunately, this error can not be reproduced.
The PC we use is very busy (approx. 90% load). Can this be a reason?

Desperate Regards,
Jan

PS: Environment: OS: Windows 2000, Ofbiz version from March 2004

Re: [OFBiz] Users - emails not sent and not rescheduled

David E. Jones

So, this only happens sometimes, or it is always happening? You say
it can't be reproduced, so I'm guessing just sometimes and in most
cases it is successful... Email things are hard to trace down. You
could add more debug logging messages to the email code to make sure
the message is getting generated properly and to show more of the
response from the server, thought is _should_ show error messages
right now if the server communication fails. The next step is to
check on the SMTP server and see if the message made it to and
through it. A high system load shouldn't cause problems for OFBiz,
unless the STMP communications time out or something, but there
should be exceptions thrown for that....

-David