[OFBiz] Users - forcing a specific https host for each web site

[OFBiz] Users - forcing a specific https host for each web site

Helmut Eggebert
>I think you may be confusing two different things the config file you
>mention is for specifying mount points not for changing hosts and ports.

Doesn't the mount point relate to the host.  Ex. a foo1.com request goes to
the ecommerce1 webapp and a foo2.com request goes to the ecommerce2 webapp -
this is how it works for us right now.  The host must be specified along
with the mount point and the webapp when you have multiple stores/sites - I
have tested this extensively.

>I believe you are on the right track changing the config in the content
>manager. If you were using the app server in free standing mode (not
>connected to Apache) this would work fine. But as you have Apache hard
>coded to specific hosts and ports I don't think the content manager can
>have any effect over these. I haven't actually done this, but I would
>imagine you have to update your Apache config to match the settings in
>the content manager.

I tried removing Apache from the equation and the content manager settings
don't seem to change any thing (at least I can't find any changes).  Please
tell me exactly what changes when the https host is changed it he content
manager.  For example, does the link on the front page of ecommerce to logon
change to match the content manager config for the https host?

Re: [OFBiz] Users - forcing a specific https host for each web site

Andrew Sykes
Helmut,

Sorry for the confusing reply. I'm working a lot with OfBiz 2.1 and 3.0
there was no option to set the <VirtualHost> in the file you mention -
or at least we never did.

I think it's definitely a good idea to remove Apache from the equation
until you have figured out what is going wrong here.

I must admit, I'm not sure why these settings wouldn't work in the
content manager, perhaps the <VirtualHost> is overridding them...

I can assure you though, I tested this functionality (changing hosts via
content manager) myself recently and it worked fine, so you should be
able to get it working...
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd