[OFBiz] Users - multiple database

Hao Jiang-4
Hello

For some reasons I want the system be able to access 2nd DB, which is an
existing DB for another system. I think it can be done in 2 ways:

1. write DB connection code in java class

2. using entity engine, I already have a copy of Postgresql datasource,
and it connects to the 2nd DB successfully, however, in order to use
those tables, I'll have to write those "entity name", "fields name" in
entirymodel.xml, is there a way to avoid doing this? or only define
"entity name" in somewhere and let the system learn the fields from the
table.

Thanks

Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - multiple database

Andrew Sykes
Hao,

Your second option is the way to go.

We use this to great success.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: [OFBiz] Users - multiple database

Hao Jiang-4
Thanks, I still need helps on how to avoid duplicating those table
fields in ofbiz entitymodel, is it possible to do that?

Regards

Hao

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 22:12 +0000, Andrew Sykes wrote:
> Hao,
>
> Your second option is the way to go.
>
> We use this to great success.
>
> Kind Regards

Re: [OFBiz] Users - multiple database

Andrew Sykes
Hao,

Sorry, forgot to say to you the other day, you can use the webtools to
"induce model from DB" to save you having to write the entity model by
hand. The chances are it will need a bit of tweaking, but it's better
than starting from scratch.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>