[OFBiz] Users - ofbiz hw requirement

N Kurniawan
hi,

can anyone here give me a suggestion on ofbiz h/w requirement?
i'm planning to use ofbiz to serve product catalog, quotation/order, purchase, and accounting for 50-70 users.
and what  things should i consider on this h/w requirement issues beside total user estimation.

sorry for my bad english, i hope my question is well described.

thanks in advance,

regards,

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

Ravish Kamath-3
N Kurniawan <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:

> hi,
> can anyone here give me a suggestion on ofbiz h/w requirement?
> i'm planning to use ofbiz to serve product catalog, quotation/order, purchase,
and accounting for 50-70 users.
> and what  things should i consider on this h/w requirement issues beside total
user estimation.
> sorry for my bad english, i hope my question is well described.
> thanks in advance,
> regards,

Hey Kurniawan,

Are you referring to 50 - 70 concurrent/simultaneous users ?

regards,
ravish

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

N Kurniawan
thanks for your reply ravish,

yes, is there something wrong with that?
i'm sorry, i'm totally new to this all about ofbiz things. although have been playing with it since version 2.x. especially when asked with questions around performance and hw requirement. is there a case study to read or any other documents related to this?

need your suggestion.

thanks

On 9/26/05, Ravish Kamath <[hidden email]> wrote:
N Kurniawan <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:

> hi,
> can anyone here give me a suggestion on ofbiz h/w requirement?
> i'm planning to use ofbiz to serve product catalog, quotation/order, purchase,
and accounting for 50-70 users.
> and what  things should i consider on this h/w requirement issues beside total
user estimation.
> sorry for my bad english, i hope my question is well described.
> thanks in advance,
> regards,

Hey Kurniawan,

Are you referring to 50 - 70 concurrent/simultaneous users ?

regards,
ravish

[OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

Ravish Kamath-3
N Kurniawan <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:

> thanks for your reply ravish,
> yes, is there something wrong with that?
> i'm sorry, i'm totally new to this all about ofbiz things. although
> have been playing with it since version 2.x. especially when asked with
> questions around performance and hw requirement. is there a case study
> to read or any other documents related to this?
> need your suggestion.
> thanks
>
> On 9/26/05, Ravish Kamath <rkamath <at> regalix.com> wrote:
> N Kurniawan <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:>> hi,> can anyone here
give me a suggestion on ofbiz h/w requirement?> i'm planning to use ofbiz to
serve product catalog, quotation/order, purchase,
> and accounting for 50-70 users.> and what  things should i consider on this
h/w requirement issues beside totaluser estimation.> sorry for my bad english,
i hope my question is well described.> thanks in advance,
> > regards,>>>Hey Kurniawan,Are you referring to 50 - 70
concurrent/simultaneous users ?
regards,ravish_______________________________________________
> Users mailing listUsers <at>
lists.ofbiz.orghttp://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Hi Kurniawan,

We currently are doing the same thing with a little more. We have a content
management system (openCMS) mounted on ofbiz as well.

Our H/W configuration currently is a single CPU 2GHZ with 2GB RAM (Linux 2.6.9-
5.0.3.EL #1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) for ofbiz server & a relatively lower end
m/c for our DB. As per our current tests there is some saturation @ about 50
concurrent users, but we isolated the problem to the way we are using or had
customized ofbiz. Guess with the new changes the same configuration is likely
to do well.

You may want to run seperate tests to understand how your application scales
with fair understanding on the depth of your catalog and other end user
features that are likely to be a part of your site.

Hope this helps,

cheers
ravish

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

N Kurniawan
Ravish, thanks for the information.
2GB RAM? i think it is become this large because there is 'full' page refresh in ofbiz by default. If it uses ajax when transfering data (like gmail features), it should be lower. am i correct?

well, currently the server RAM is only 1GB with separated db server. but it will only be used by 20 users at first time. i think it's enough based on your case.

thanks again ravish,

regards

On 9/27/05, Ravish Kamath <[hidden email]> wrote:
N Kurniawan <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:

> thanks for your reply ravish,
> yes, is there something wrong with that?
> i'm sorry, i'm totally new to this all about ofbiz things. although
> have been playing with it since version 2.x. especially when asked with
> questions around performance and hw requirement. is there a case study
> to read or any other documents related to this?
> need your suggestion.
> thanks

Hi Kurniawan,

We currently are doing the same thing with a little more. We have a content
management system (openCMS) mounted on ofbiz as well.

Our H/W configuration currently is a single CPU 2GHZ with 2GB RAM (Linux 2.6.9-
5.0.3.EL #1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) for ofbiz server & a relatively lower end
m/c for our DB. As per our current tests there is some saturation @ about 50
concurrent users, but we isolated the problem to the way we are using or had
customized ofbiz. Guess with the new changes the same configuration is likely
to do well.

You may want to run seperate tests to understand how your application scales
with fair understanding on the depth of your catalog and other end user
features that are likely to be a part of your site.

Hope this helps,

cheers
ravish

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

David E. Jones

The memory you need depends on the data to cache and your user volume
and such, and 2GB can handle a pretty large site. The Undersun
Consulting site, for example, runs OFBiz, Jira, Postgres, Apache, etc
on 512MB. I wouldn't recommend much less than that, 256MB is cutting
it a bit close, but you can fit a lot into 512KB.

My guess is that with something like AJAX the answer is no, it
wouldn't save that much memory. It could save a fair bit of bandwidth
in certain cicumstances, but probably not much memory.

-David

On Sep 27, 2005, at 8:41 PM, N Kurniawan wrote:

> Ravish, thanks for the information.
> 2GB RAM? i think it is become this large because there is 'full'
> page refresh in ofbiz by default. If it uses ajax when transfering
> data (like gmail features), it should be lower. am i correct?
>
> well, currently the server RAM is only 1GB with separated db
> server. but it will only be used by 20 users at first time. i think
> it's enough based on your case.
>
> thanks again ravish,
>
> regards
>

> On 9/27/05, Ravish Kamath <[hidden email]> wrote: N Kurniawan
> <langitpunbiru <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > thanks for your reply ravish,
> > yes, is there something wrong with that?
> > i'm sorry, i'm totally new to this all about ofbiz things. although
> > have been playing with it since version 2.x. especially when
> asked with
> > questions around performance and hw requirement. is there a case
> study
> > to read or any other documents related to this?
> > need your suggestion.
> > thanks
> >

> Hi Kurniawan,
>
> We currently are doing the same thing with a little more. We have a
> content
> management system (openCMS) mounted on ofbiz as well.
>
> Our H/W configuration currently is a single CPU 2GHZ with 2GB RAM
> (Linux 2.6.9-
> 5.0.3.EL #1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) for ofbiz server & a
> relatively lower end
> m/c for our DB. As per our current tests there is some saturation @
> about 50
> concurrent users, but we isolated the problem to the way we are
> using or had
> customized ofbiz. Guess with the new changes the same configuration
> is likely
> to do well.
>
> You may want to run seperate tests to understand how your
> application scales
> with fair understanding on the depth of your catalog and other end
> user
> features that are likely to be a part of your site.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> cheers
> ravish

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Re: Users - Re: Users - ofbiz hw requirement

N Kurniawan
david, together with ravish said before, your comment makes me more
clear about ofbiz h/w requirement.

here is my summary based on the reply i got:

# Ravish Kamath <rkamath <at> regalix.com>
Our H/W configuration currently is a single CPU 2GHZ with 2GB RAM (Linux 2.6.9-
5.0.3.EL #1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) for ofbiz server & a relatively lower end
m/c for our DB. As per our current tests there is some saturation @ about 50
concurrent users, but we isolated the problem to the way we are using or had
customized ofbiz. Guess with the new changes the same configuration is likely
to do well.

You may want to run seperate tests to understand how your application scales
with fair understanding on the depth of your catalog and other end user
features that are likely to be a part of your site.

#David E. Jones <jonesde <at> ofbiz.org>
The memory you need depends on the data to cache and your user volume
and such, and 2GB can handle a pretty large site. The Undersun
Consulting site, for example, runs OFBiz, Jira, Postgres, Apache, etc
on 512MB. I wouldn't recommend much less than that, 256MB is cutting
it a bit close, but you can fit a lot into 512KB.

i dont know is it necessary to put this summary in ofbiz wiki. david
let me know if it is ok to put it there and where i should put it.

thanks