[OFBiz] Users - ofbiz works with mysql 5.0.13RC

[OFBiz] Users - ofbiz works with mysql 5.0.13RC

Si Chen-2
Ok.  Some good news for the mailing list:

I just tested OFBiz with MySQL's new 5.0 (mysql-5.0.13-RC) and
everything worked pretty well.  All the entity engine tests passed, and
I was able to get in and create orders and shipments, etc.

Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ofbiz works with mysql 5.0.13RC

Brett
Si,

Do the tests include concurrency testing?  I ran into problems with
MySQL 4.0 when the database was hit with simultaneous transaction
connections.  It would be great if MySQL 5.0 fixed these problems.

Brett

On 10/7/05, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok.  Some good news for the mailing list:
>
> I just tested OFBiz with MySQL's new 5.0 (mysql-5.0.13-RC) and
> everything worked pretty well.  All the entity engine tests passed, and
> I was able to get in and create orders and shipments, etc.
>
> Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ofbiz works with mysql 5.0.13RC

Si Chen-2
The entity engine test suite doesn't test concurrency yet.  It does try
to insert a large number of rows but not simultaneously.  If you had a
concurrency test, I can try it.

Si

Brett Palmer wrote:

>Si,
>
>Do the tests include concurrency testing?  I ran into problems with
>MySQL 4.0 when the database was hit with simultaneous transaction
>connections.  It would be great if MySQL 5.0 fixed these problems.
>
>Brett
>
>On 10/7/05, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Ok.  Some good news for the mailing list:
>>
>>I just tested OFBiz with MySQL's new 5.0 (mysql-5.0.13-RC) and
>>everything worked pretty well.  All the entity engine tests passed, and
>>I was able to get in and create orders and shipments, etc.
>>
>>Si

Re: [OFBiz] Users - ofbiz works with mysql 5.0.13RC

Brett,

I think this is okay now. There are a couple of production sites I'm
aware of (one that I worked on) that are running on the MySQL 4.1
series and they seem to be doing fine (though getting them there was
somewhat painful...).

-David