[OFBiz] Users - please someone help me

Hao Jiang-4
As I asked before recently after updated to newly svn version, I
couldn't enter catalog manager, every time after clicked on the tab, I
got a SAXparse error, what could possibly wrong with it?

Also I couldn't set limited permission for a "party", I tried to assign
a person with "full order admin" permissions, but I couldn't get that
person login the order manager, always "not enough permission".

Could someone please help me?

Thanks

Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - please someone help me

David E. Jones

Just like before, you'll have to send more detail about this, perhaps
the stack trace you are seeing. This is not happening, that I can
reproduce anyway, with fresh OFBiz from SVN. I'm also not aware of
anyone else seeing this problem, but if anyone is please throw out a
note....

You might have out of date seed data, or more likely if it is an XML
parse error then you probably have some modified XML files.

-David

On Sep 16, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:

> As I asked before recently after updated to newly svn version, I
> couldn't enter catalog manager, every time after clicked on the tab, I
> got a SAXparse error, what could possibly wrong with it?
>
> Also I couldn't set limited permission for a "party", I tried to
> assign
> a person with "full order admin" permissions, but I couldn't get that
> person login the order manager, always "not enough permission".
>
> Could someone please help me?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - please someone help me

Hao Jiang-4
Thanks David, you're right a fresh ofbiz from svn doesn't have these
problems, but since I've already done some works on it, I don't want to
start it from scratch again.

For the SAXparse problem, I know it most likely be a XML format error,
when it against to DTD, also I think this(these) xml file could be in
the directory of /ofbiz/applications/product/webapp/catalog, however

1. I don't remember I have modified anything over there
2. The weird thing is my existing codes work fine. I know little about
how svn update works, now I'm going to find how many files will be
modified during the update.

For the permission problem, I tired reloading seed date, but didn't
work. could you give me a hint on where I should look at?

BTW, I'm thinking to buy those PDF docs you provide, could you give me
some more details of what those docs are included?

Thanks

Hao

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:08 -0600, David E. Jones wrote:

> Just like before, you'll have to send more detail about this, perhaps
> the stack trace you are seeing. This is not happening, that I can
> reproduce anyway, with fresh OFBiz from SVN. I'm also not aware of
> anyone else seeing this problem, but if anyone is please throw out a
> note....
>
> You might have out of date seed data, or more likely if it is an XML
> parse error then you probably have some modified XML files.
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 16, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:
>
> > As I asked before recently after updated to newly svn version, I
> > couldn't enter catalog manager, every time after clicked on the tab, I
> > got a SAXparse error, what could possibly wrong with it?
> >
> > Also I couldn't set limited permission for a "party", I tried to
> > assign
> > a person with "full order admin" permissions, but I couldn't get that
> > person login the order manager, always "not enough permission".
> >
> > Could someone please help me?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hao

Re: [OFBiz] Users - please someone help me

David E. Jones

Hao,

The easiest way to see what is locally modified is to do an SVN
status ("svn st", or "svn status").

The online docs from Undersun are really end-user oriented. We have a
technical writer working full-time on expanding these and keeping
them up to date. The best way to get an intro to them is to take
advantage of the one month discounted subscription for online access,
which is just $4.95 (normally $29.95 per month, $299.95 per year).
The PDF export is $89.95 and is updated periodically as different
areas of the documentation effort are finished (the PDF export is
priced higher because it is totally automated right now whereas the
online memberships are).

-David