[OFBiz] Users - starting ofbiz

Nate Reed-2
I did a fresh checkout from the repository, compiled, and ran the
startofbiz.sh script, but it's taking quite a long time to finish
creating the database.  Is this normal?  I can't tell much from the log
files, the same messages seem to be repeated over and over.  I'm unable
to connect, of course.  I wonder if i could be doing something wrong?

Nate

RE: [OFBiz] Users - starting ofbiz

Nate Reed-2
After starting ofbiz, I left it running overnight.  The end of
console.log shows:
5532056 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:706:INFO ] - alter table add
column   [true]*
5532067 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:707:INFO ] - non-nullable
column      [true]*
5532077 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:744:INFO ] Getting Table Info
>From Database
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError

Si Chen-2
Not good...

Maybe you should post the rest of the log and?

Or, try a pre-built weekly build with the database already there:
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/downloads.php

Si

Nate Reed wrote:

>After starting ofbiz, I left it running overnight.  The end of
>console.log shows:
>5532056 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:706:INFO ] - alter table add
>column   [true]*
>5532067 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:707:INFO ] - non-nullable
>column      [true]*
>5532077 (main) [       DatabaseUtil.java:744:INFO ] Getting Table Info
>>From Database
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError

Hi Si,

No, not good, but I have it working now.  Originally, I intended to just
update my ofbiz_5336 directory from the Install Fest, but I didn't see
the subversion directory, so that's why I checked it out again and
later copied the existing database.  I found out later my home OS does
not have 'ls' aliased to 'ls -a' and I could have just updated my
original ofbiz directory.

Thanks,
Nate

BTW, should I avoid checking out the latest and greatest from
subversion, and just download the weekly builds?  I noticed some bugs
in the workeffort application that I did not see before...

Either is fine.  The build is just a convenience because I noticed on my
laptop it can take over half an hour to build the databases, but on my
server it took only about eight minutes.

I fixed a workeffort bug last week...but maybe there are more.  Please
submit a JIRA issue for them if you see them.

Si

Nate Reed wrote:

>BTW, should I avoid checking out the latest and greatest from
>subversion, and just download the weekly builds?  I noticed some bugs
>in the workeffort application that I did not see before...

Stephane Schitter
Hi !

I am new to OFBiz, and reading this post I wonder : whenever I update my
existing OFBiz installation through a svn update, should I also rebuild
any of the databases through some command ? Or is it just a matter of
restarting the ofbiz server ?

Stephane

Si Chen a écrit :

> Either is fine.  The build is just a convenience because I noticed on
> my laptop it can take over half an hour to build the databases, but on
> my server it took only about eight minutes.
>
> I fixed a workeffort bug last week...but maybe there are more.  Please
> submit a JIRA issue for them if you see them.
>
> Si
>
> Nate Reed wrote:
>
>> BTW, should I avoid checking out the latest and greatest from
>> subversion, and just download the weekly builds?  I noticed some bugs
>> in the workeffort application that I did not see before...

OFBiz will do it for you and create or alter fields as needed.  However,
you may need to do something like
$ ant run-install-seed

as in some of the applications we're also adding a lot of seed data.

Si