[OFBiz] Users - usage

Shibym
hi,

Can anyone please tell me how I can use the ofbiz framework for my
application development? Is it by customising the source or by some
other method?
I want to create an ecommerce application with the data access layer
implemented using hibernate mapping. So how can i utilise the
framework?

Please answer my queries.

Thanks in advance,
Shiby

Re: [OFBiz] Users - usage

BJ Freeman
short answer:
it is not feasible.

long answer:
the Data access layer, as such is not accessible, externally as in
hibernate.
the closest you can come, is to have ofbiz and hibernate share the same
database and write code in both ofbiz and hibernate to share data, by
transferring from ofbiz tables to hibernate tables. As you can see the
database would have duplicate data. I really is a can of worms.

Shiby Maria John sent the following on 9/28/05 2:36 AM:

> hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me how I can use the ofbiz framework for my
> application development? Is it by customising the source or by some
> other method?
> I want to create an ecommerce application with the data access layer
> implemented using hibernate mapping. So how can i utilise the
> framework?
>
> Please answer my queries.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Shiby

Re: [OFBiz] Users - usage

I think your question is actually how you can use the OFBiz applications
with your own framework.

I think you would basically have to rewrite all the methods of the
framework/entity component's classes, such as GenericDelegator,
GenericEntity, GenericValue to use a different persistent engine.  Then
the applications above them would be transparent.

Good luck...