[OFBiz] Users - workeffort / workflow info

[OFBiz] Users - workeffort / workflow info

Michael McElarney
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the workeffort and workflow apps and I'd really appreciate a little assistance. I should state up front that I'm running opentaps 0.9.0.

Are there any up to date docs on the workflow app? I know there's been a lot of work done on this aspect of the project and I want to learn how to use these powerful apps. The only thing I could find was http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/docs/workflow.html which was written two years ago. Tutorials, howtos, guides, would be much appreciated . I'm confused about how the various fields are intended for use, for example, Status field, what's the difference between General, Task and Event? What does the Scope Enum Id mean? Etc etc...

Also, I would like to know the general development status of the workeffort and workflow apps. Are they both fully developed, partially developed, etc? I know from the video training that the ofbiz workflow engine is deprecated or gone and wonder if shark is not configured/installed on my machine properly or just not fully developed yet. I remember from somewhere in the docs (not sure how recent the docs were) that I was supposed to comment out the Shark Workflow Engine entry, is this still advised? Is there a procedure I can follow to get it up and running?

Should I use the workeffort app to set up a workflow? Are these related or am I way off course? I'm thinking that a workeffort might be an 'Activity' in the workflow.

Thanks in advance, Mick

With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free!