OFBiz and 3rd party integration solutions

OFBiz and 3rd party integration solutions

Pierre Smits
Hi all,

Recently new threads have spawned (in here and in the user ML) about how
our 3rd party payment integration for PayPal has deemed out of date.
And there might be others. We know that the  iDEAL integration hasn't been
working since way back when (see [1]).

Having defunct code in our code base lessens the UX and may hinder the
adoption of our product.

The questions before us are:

   1. Which other integrations (see [2], and [3]) do we know are still in
   good working order or not,
   2. Should we keep such functionalities in our core components, or
   3. Should we move to having those outside of the OFBiz (standard) repos
   and allow an approach like other ecommerce solutions apply where such
   integrations are developed independently of the main product?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5303
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework/trunk/applications/accounting/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/accounting/thirdparty/
[3]