Ofbiz caching - JMeter Performance results on Ofbiz eCommerce store

Re: AJAX and HttpSession

Andrew Sykes
Si,

Is the MIT License compatible?

I think it is, but can't remember for sure...

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: AJAX and HttpSession

Leon Torres-2
Yes,

  *  Prototype is freely distributable under the terms of an MIT-style license.
  *  For details, see the Prototype web site: http://prototype.conio.net/

One of the neat things about Ajax is simplification of the UI.  If you tried the
demo, I merged the two input boxes into "Accounts or Leads" to allow lookup on
both.  The result is so cool that I keep playing with the possibilities instead
of writing the howto of it.

- Leon

Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Si,
>
> Is the MIT License compatible?
>
> I think it is, but can't remember for sure...
>
> - Andrew
>
> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 07:41 -0700, Si Chen wrote:
>> We thought it was good to integrate something called prototype.js
>> which is pretty lightweight and saves us from writing the ajax stuff.
>>
>> You can take a look at it yourself:
>> demo - http://demo.opentaps.org:8086/crmsfa/control/main - login as
>> "DemoSalesManager/crmsfa" and go to "Opportunities"  The create
>> opportunity box uses ajax to complete the account name
>> checkout the code svn co svn://svn.opentaps.org/crmsfa/versions/1.0/
>> trunk
>>
>> Si
>>

>> On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:48 AM, tibor katelbach wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>> I just read this post,
>>> having worked quite a bit with ajax ,
>>> it can get a bit chaotic if a choice has to be made amongst all
>>> available
>>> scripts and ajax base codes.
>>> They have great features but the hard part can be making the choice (
>>> openrico.org or http://www.zkoss.org/ are also interesting )
>>>
>>> But ajax being so simple to set up, it would be simplest  to set up
>>> ofbiz's
>>> own ajax.js.
>>>
>>> After that Ajax calls work perfectly with ofbiz's REST url's,
>>> screen widget
>>> .
>>> example of where ajax came in handy for us :
>>>
>>> - retreiving event or error messages from session attributes as
>>> asynchronous
>>> services were launched.
>>> - autocompletion
>>> - databse updates
>>>
>>> my two cents
>>> Regards
>>> Tibor

RE: AJAX and HttpSession

Lon F. Binder-2
I recommend considering DOJO toolkit.  It's much richer in AJAX
functionality and is well sponsored by IBM, AOL, OpenLaszlo and more.

http://dojotoolkit.org/

 - Lon

Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Si,
>
> Is the MIT License compatible?
>
> I think it is, but can't remember for sure...
>
> - Andrew
>
> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 07:41 -0700, Si Chen wrote:
>> We thought it was good to integrate something called prototype.js
>> which is pretty lightweight and saves us from writing the ajax stuff.
>>
>> You can take a look at it yourself:
>> demo - http://demo.opentaps.org:8086/crmsfa/control/main - login as
>> "DemoSalesManager/crmsfa" and go to "Opportunities"  The create
>> opportunity box uses ajax to complete the account name checkout the
>> code svn co svn://svn.opentaps.org/crmsfa/versions/1.0/
>> trunk
>>
>> Si
>>

>> On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:48 AM, tibor katelbach wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all
>>> I just read this post,
>>> having worked quite a bit with ajax , it can get a bit chaotic if a
>>> choice has to be made amongst all available scripts and ajax base
>>> codes.
>>> They have great features but the hard part can be making the choice
>>> ( openrico.org or http://www.zkoss.org/ are also interesting )
>>>
>>> But ajax being so simple to set up, it would be simplest  to set up
>>> ofbiz's own ajax.js.
>>>
>>> After that Ajax calls work perfectly with ofbiz's REST url's, screen

>>> widget .
>>> example of where ajax came in handy for us :
>>>
>>> - retreiving event or error messages from session attributes as
>>> asynchronous services were launched.
>>> - autocompletion
>>> - databse updates
>>>
>>> my two cents
>>> Regards
>>> Tibor

BOM - Cost Question

marceloh

When I run a BOM Simulation, I couldn't get calculated the cost and total
cost fields. Does someone knows why it is ocurring? I defined costs in the
product cost tab for one raw material but nothing
happens. I've tried using the auto-calculate cost button, but it seems it
does nothing either.

Thanks in Advance.
Marcelo

12