Order Manager: Return Items

Adrian Crum-2
Is there any way to return an item that isn't associated to an order? It seems to me the only way to return items is if you have an order number that the items originally appeared on. What happens when a customer doesn't have the original order?

-Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

BJ Freeman
curious, under what circumstance would this happen?

Adrian Crum sent the following on 11/1/2008 12:04 PM:
> Is there any way to return an item that isn't associated to an order? It seems to me the only way to return items is if you have an order number that the items originally appeared on. What happens when a customer doesn't have the original order?
>
> -Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

Adrian Crum-2
It happens all the time in places like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.

-Adrian

> curious, under what circumstance would this happen?
>
> Adrian Crum sent the following on 11/1/2008 12:04 PM:
> > Is there any way to return an item that isn't
> associated to an order? It seems to me the only way to
> return items is if you have an order number that the items
> originally appeared on. What happens when a customer
> doesn't have the original order?
> >
> > -Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

ian tabangay
I think the scenario Adrian is talking about is when a sales order cannot be
traced to the original purchase which can usually happen during quick
checkout transactions especially for grocery and department stores.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Adrian Crum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It happens all the time in places like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.
>
> -Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

BJ Freeman
usually in those cases it you would search for the CC# since they have
to credit back the CC.
then you could route back to the order.

ian tabangay sent the following on 11/1/2008 12:57 PM:

> I think the scenario Adrian is talking about is when a sales order cannot be
> traced to the original purchase which can usually happen during quick
> checkout transactions especially for grocery and department stores.
>

> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Adrian Crum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It happens all the time in places like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.
>>
>> -Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

an they have to have a receipt which would link to an invoice then an order.

ian tabangay sent the following on 11/1/2008 12:57 PM:

> I think the scenario Adrian is talking about is when a sales order cannot be
> traced to the original purchase which can usually happen during quick
> checkout transactions especially for grocery and department stores.
>

> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM, Adrian Crum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It happens all the time in places like Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.
>>
>> -Adrian

Re: Order Manager: Return Items

Colin Rooney
One scenario this might occur is soon after a migration to OfBiz.
A customer wishes to return an item they purchased via the last system used.
Unless you transfer all old orders to OfBiz (not the norm) then this old
order would not exist.

Just a thought.

Colin
ps. be nice it's my virgin post to OfBiz :)

--
With Kind Regards,

Colin Rooney
mobile: +353 86 046 5976