OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Hello Devs,

I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it must be
there.

So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
patch to get it fixed.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Rishi Solanki
Ratnesh,

I think we can add this relationship, if websiteId is in order header then
it must have fk constraints as well. Not sure but I think somehow
OrderHeader entity extension goes wrong at sometime. OFBIZ-9457 is an good
example, and I think this website issue won't be an intentional change.

Looks like mistakenly missed relationship as per my understanding. Should
be fixed.

+1 for the fix.

Thanks!

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
> webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
> OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it must be
> there.
>
> So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
> let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
> patch to get it fixed.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Devanshu Vyas-2
I agree with Rishi here that this isn't an intentional change/mistake.
+1 to add the relationship.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:58 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ratnesh,
>
> I think we can add this relationship, if websiteId is in order header then
> it must have fk constraints as well. Not sure but I think somehow
> OrderHeader entity extension goes wrong at sometime. OFBIZ-9457 is an good
> example, and I think this website issue won't be an intentional change.
>
> Looks like mistakenly missed relationship as per my understanding. Should
> be fixed.
>
> +1 for the fix.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
> > webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
> > OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it must
> be
> > there.
> >
> > So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
> > let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
> > patch to get it fixed.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ratnesh Upadhyay
> > HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Arun Patidar-2
Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.

--
Thanks & Regards
---

HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
> webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
> OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it must be
> there.
>
> So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
> let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
> patch to get it fixed.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9647

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> ---
> Arun Patidar
> Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>

> HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com
>

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello Devs,
> >
> > I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
> > webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
> > OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it must
> be
> > there.
> >
> > So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
> > let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
> > patch to get it fixed.
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ratnesh Upadhyay
> > HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Devs,

I've noticed few things that needs to be discussed :

1.  We have few order in DemoOrderTestData.xml and OrderTestData.xml that
are having webSiteId="OrderEntry" but we don't have any record in WebSite
entity for "OrderEntry" webSiteId.
2. We have "setCustRequestStatus" and "setCustRequestStatus" ecas where we
are having following condition :
<condition field-name="webSiteId" operator="equals" value="OrderEntry"/>
Although we don't have this webSite record in entity then these ecas are no
more of use as system never meet this condition.
3. There is no "webSiteId" is being set for orders placed from ordermgr
application, so IMO we should setup webSiteId parameter in servletConetext
of ordermgr app to get it setup. I can see its usage to get the information
of orders placed from store front as well as from backend application.

To apply FK constraint either we have to add record in WebSite entity or
remove the references of "OrderEntry" webSiteId from order demo data. Also
please let me know your thoughts to set webSiteId for backend apps.

IMO, we should add record in WebSite entity for "OrderEntry".

Thanks!!

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your inputs.
> Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9647
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.
>>

>> --
>> Thanks & Regards
>> ---
>> Arun Patidar
>> Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>>

>> HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Devs,
>> >
>> > I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
>> > webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
>> > OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it
>> must be
>> > there.
>> >
>> > So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional? Please
>> > let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
>> > patch to get it fixed.
>> >
>> > Thanks!!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ratnesh Upadhyay
>> > HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Hi Ratnesh,

I have found missing FK constraint in multiple entity definitions
(e.g. shoppingListId in OrderItem etc). So I think we need to verify and
improve this throughout the application.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your inputs.
> Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9647
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards
> > ---
> > Arun Patidar
> > Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> >

> > HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Devs,
> > >
> > > I just walked though from OrderHeader entity and noticed that we have
> > > webSiteId field there but we don't have any FK constraint for it from
> > > OrderHeader.webSiteId to WebSite.webSiteId. I was expecting that it
> must
> > be
> > > there.
> > >
> > > So just curious to know why it was not there, was it intentional?
> Please
> > > let me know if anyone have any information on it else I would provide a
> > > patch to get it fixed.
> > >
> > > Thanks!!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ratnesh Upadhyay
> > > HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Rishi Solanki
Ratnesh/Chandan,

I would suggest to consider "one-nofk" relationship in such cases, because
in this way we could maintain the relationship and also use the existing
model as is. This is only suggestion, as I'm not very sure and it is
applicable case to case. Others from community may help on this point.

In either case to maintain the relationship my preference would be adding
OrderEntry website record.
+1 for adding website entity record.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Chandan Khandelwal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ratnesh,
>
> I have found missing FK constraint in multiple entity definitions
> (e.g. shoppingListId in OrderItem etc). So I think we need to verify and
> improve this throughout the application.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Chandan Khandelwal
> HotWax Systems
> Direct: +91-9893481076
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks everyone for your inputs.
> > Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/
> jira/browse/OFBIZ-9647
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ratnesh Upadhyay
> > HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks & Regards
> > > ---
> > > Arun Patidar
> > > Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > >

> > > HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com

> > must
> > > be

> > Please
> provide a

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Hi Ratnesh,

About 1 and 2, in such cases I always try to find the roots.

 1. It's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-290 look for webSiteId,OrderEntry
 2. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1128984

Unfortunately seems that this not add much.  I also wonder if the data in OrderTestData.xml are ever used (else tests would fail, right?)

Anyway, I agree with your conclusion.

My 2cts

Jacques

Le 26/08/2017 à 14:48, Ratnesh Upadhyay a écrit :

> Devs,
>
> I've noticed few things that needs to be discussed :
>
> 1.  We have few order in DemoOrderTestData.xml and OrderTestData.xml that
> are having webSiteId="OrderEntry" but we don't have any record in WebSite
> entity for "OrderEntry" webSiteId.
> 2. We have "setCustRequestStatus" and "setCustRequestStatus" ecas where we
> are having following condition :
> <condition field-name="webSiteId" operator="equals" value="OrderEntry"/>
> Although we don't have this webSite record in entity then these ecas are no
> more of use as system never meet this condition.
> 3. There is no "webSiteId" is being set for orders placed from ordermgr
> application, so IMO we should setup webSiteId parameter in servletConetext
> of ordermgr app to get it setup. I can see its usage to get the information
> of orders placed from store front as well as from backend application.
>
> To apply FK constraint either we have to add record in WebSite entity or
> remove the references of "OrderEntry" webSiteId from order demo data. Also
> please let me know your thoughts to set webSiteId for backend apps.
>
> IMO, we should add record in WebSite entity for "OrderEntry".
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>

> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for your inputs.
>> Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9647
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ratnesh Upadhyay
>> HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> ---
>>> Arun Patidar
>>> Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>>>

>>> HotWax Systems Pvt Ltd.www.hotwaxsystems.com

>>> must be

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I'll add record for "OrderEntry" website
and relationship.

@Jacques, I reviewed the usage of OrderTestData.xml and found that it's
using by test-suite "ordertests" and I think it will work as we have entry
for this suite in order/ofbiz-component.xml.

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ratnesh,
>
> About 1 and 2, in such cases I always try to find the roots.
>
> 1. It's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-290 look for
> webSiteId,OrderEntry
> 2. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1128984
>
> Unfortunately seems that this not add much.  I also wonder if the data in
> OrderTestData.xml are ever used (else tests would fail, right?)
>
> Anyway, I agree with your conclusion.
>
> My 2cts
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 26/08/2017 à 14:48, Ratnesh Upadhyay a écrit :
>
>> Devs,
>>
>> I've noticed few things that needs to be discussed :
>>
>> 1.  We have few order in DemoOrderTestData.xml and OrderTestData.xml that
>> are having webSiteId="OrderEntry" but we don't have any record in WebSite
>> entity for "OrderEntry" webSiteId.
>> 2. We have "setCustRequestStatus" and "setCustRequestStatus" ecas where we
>> are having following condition :
>> <condition field-name="webSiteId" operator="equals" value="OrderEntry"/>
>> Although we don't have this webSite record in entity then these ecas are
>> no
>> more of use as system never meet this condition.
>> 3. There is no "webSiteId" is being set for orders placed from ordermgr
>> application, so IMO we should setup webSiteId parameter in servletConetext
>> of ordermgr app to get it setup. I can see its usage to get the
>> information
>> of orders placed from store front as well as from backend application.
>>
>> To apply FK constraint either we have to add record in WebSite entity or
>> remove the references of "OrderEntry" webSiteId from order demo data. Also
>> please let me know your thoughts to set webSiteId for backend apps.
>>
>> IMO, we should add record in WebSite entity for "OrderEntry".
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ratnesh Upadhyay
>> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks everyone for your inputs.
>>> Here is the jira ticket : https://issues.apache.org/jira
>>> /browse/OFBIZ-9647
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ratnesh Upadhyay
>>> HotWax System | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>>

>>> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Arun Patidar <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice catch Ratnesh, we can take this as an improvement.

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Chandan Khandelwal-4
Hi All,

I have created parent ticket to manage this effort throughout the
application

Ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9671

 --
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your inputs. I'll add record for "OrderEntry" website
> and relationship.
>
> @Jacques, I reviewed the usage of OrderTestData.xml and found that it's
> using by test-suite "ordertests" and I think it will work as we have entry
> for this suite in order/ofbiz-component.xml.
>
> Regards,
> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com
>
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ratnesh,
> >
> > About 1 and 2, in such cases I always try to find the roots.
> >
> > 1. It's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-290 look for
> > webSiteId,OrderEntry
> > 2. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1128984
> >
> > Unfortunately seems that this not add much.  I also wonder if the data in
> > OrderTestData.xml are ever used (else tests would fail, right?)
> >
> > Anyway, I agree with your conclusion.
> >
> > My 2cts
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> > Le 26/08/2017 à 14:48, Ratnesh Upadhyay a écrit :
> >
> >> Devs,
> >>
> >> I've noticed few things that needs to be discussed :
> >>
> >> 1.  We have few order in DemoOrderTestData.xml and OrderTestData.xml
> that
> >> are having webSiteId="OrderEntry" but we don't have any record in
> WebSite
> >> entity for "OrderEntry" webSiteId.
> >> 2. We have "setCustRequestStatus" and "setCustRequestStatus" ecas where
> we
> >> are having following condition :
> >> <condition field-name="webSiteId" operator="equals" value="OrderEntry"/>
> >> Although we don't have this webSite record in entity then these ecas are
> >> no
> >> more of use as system never meet this condition.
> >> 3. There is no "webSiteId" is being set for orders placed from ordermgr
> >> application, so IMO we should setup webSiteId parameter in
> servletConetext
> >> of ordermgr app to get it setup. I can see its usage to get the
> >> information
> >> of orders placed from store front as well as from backend application.
> >>
> >> To apply FK constraint either we have to add record in WebSite entity or
> >> remove the references of "OrderEntry" webSiteId from order demo data.
> Also
> >> please let me know your thoughts to set webSiteId for backend apps.
> >>
> >> IMO, we should add record in WebSite entity for "OrderEntry".
> >>
> >> Thanks!!
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ratnesh Upadhyay
> >> HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com
> >>

> >> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Ratnesh Upadhyay <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks everyone for your inputs.

> provide a

Re: OrderHeader And WebSite Relationship

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
Thanks, Chandan!!

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay