OrderHearder Entity

G.Venkata Phanindra
Hi all,
     I have a question in orderHeader Entity we have a field with name
externalId it does not have any references can any one tell me where r we
using this and if we r not using it what is the purpose of it. can i use it
to store my specific information.

Cheers,

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989

Re: OrderHearder Entity

cjhowe
To give you a quick answer, others feel free to correct...

The externalId is so that you can have some integration with outside
applications.  For instance if you were using Quickbooks you may wish
to put your Quickbooks generated Sales Order Id in that field.  This
field generally shouldn't be used by OFBiz except to allow integration.

--- "G.Venkata Phanindra" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>      I have a question in orderHeader Entity we have a field with
> name
> externalId it does not have any references can any one tell me where
> r we
> using this and if we r not using it what is the purpose of it. can i
> use it
> to store my specific information.
>
> Cheers,
>
> G.Venkata Phanindra
> Mob:: 9849852989

Re: OrderHearder Entity

John Martin
Chris - I believe that is a fair assessment.  There are a few entities that
have that field and are never referenced in code.