OrderItemPriceInfo: Accounting angle

Suraj Khurana-2
Hello folks,

I was looking into OrderItemPriceInfo entity and thought about how it is
managed while accounting, Like product was of $100 and due to a particular
price rule, it was sold at $50, unitListPrice in orderItem is $100 and
unitPrice is $50 with a record of OrderItemPriceInfo logging modifyAmount
as -$50.

How it is managed in accounting finally?

Please share your thoughts on the same.
--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana
cell: 96697-50002
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderItemPriceInfo: Accounting angle

Suraj Khurana-2
Hello,

I check and found that all GL entries are according to discounted amount
and no way to track how much sale discounts from GL, should we create
OrderAdjustments of certain type linked with certain invoice type as well
for all priceRules as well?

I mean why haven't we have done that yet, as a user, when I check a bill
after some shopping of sale products from any store, in my bill I see
actual price, discount price and finally net value.

If we are not creating OrderAdjustments, this will not reflect over invoice
as well in OFBiz. Please put some lights in case I am missing something.

I am aware of the fact that historically, price rules are intended as
formulas to set the base price of a product BEFORE promotions are evaluated
and applied, these rules should be transparent to the customer and should
not generate adjustments, but in case of priceRule which are marked as
sale, we should think of a better solution.

Please share your thoughts on the same.
--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana
Technical Consultant
HotWax Systems

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:10 PM Suraj Khurana <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I was looking into OrderItemPriceInfo entity and thought about how it is
> managed while accounting, Like product was of $100 and due to a particular
> price rule, it was sold at $50, unitListPrice in orderItem is $100 and
> unitPrice is $50 with a record of OrderItemPriceInfo logging modifyAmount
> as -$50.
>
> How it is managed in accounting finally?
>
> Please share your thoughts on the same.
> --
> Best Regards,
> Suraj Khurana
> Technical Consultant
> *HotWax Systems*
> *Enterprise open source experts*
> cell: 96697-50002
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: OrderItemPriceInfo: Accounting angle

Rishi Solanki
This is known that ProductStore.explodeOrderItems reposible for
OrderItemPriceInfo. IMO, It should also take care of InvoiceItem creation
conditionally.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki