OrderPaymentPreference

SkipDever
I am confused about the naming and use of the OrderPaymentPreference Entity.
I have done some limited testing and observation and it looks to me like the
sum of maxAmount for any orderId should exactly equal the grandTotal or the
OrderHeader record with the same orderId.

Is that correct, and if not, under what conditions might they not match?
(Or maybe I am barking up the wrong tree.)  I am looking at this in
relationg to BillingAccounts (and in general just trying to understand it).

I am worried about this because a Payment uses a PaymentApplication which
references an invoiceId and no mention of the orderId used by
OrderPayentPreference.  Is there some linking entity or bridge I am missing?

Skip