POS and GoodIdentification

Iain Fogg
I finding that the GoodIdentification lookup code in POS is not working
as intended, but I'm not sure what's wrong.

Scenario:

I have a product with product_id A in table product
I have three records in good_identification that map product_id A to
id_values B, C, D
When I run POS and enter one of the good_ids (B, C, or D), the lookup
code fails. The snippet from PosTransaction.java is

    public List lookupItem(String sku) throws GeneralException {
        // first check for the product
        GenericValue product =
session.getDelegator().findByPrimaryKey("Product",
UtilMisc.toMap("productId", sku));
        if (product != null) {
            return UtilMisc.toList(product);
        } else {
            // not found; so we move on to GoodIdentification
           return
session.getDelegator().findByAnd("GoodIdentificationAndProduct",
                   UtilMisc.toMap("idValue", sku),
UtilMisc.toList("productId"));
        }
    }

The "Product" lookup fails as expected, returning null. Then we take a
crack at querying the view GoodIdentificationAndProduct, but that seems
to return zippo as well.

Anyone know what might be happening?

This is pretty important for me - I cannot change the requirement to
lookup on good_ids...

Tips appreciated.

Cheers, Iain