POS and discount card

Renaldas
Is there in POS possibility of usage of discount card?
I enter number of discount card and discount is calculated for a product/sale.
I would appreciate any ideas how to implement this.

Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

Hi Renaldas,

> Is there in POS possibility of usage of discount card?
> I enter number of discount card and discount is calculated for a
> product/sale.
> I would appreciate any ideas how to implement this.

This is not yet implemented. I hope I will work on this soon (arf, sometimes soon is not as soon as I'm willing, don't know if
that's pure english ;o).
At this stage my idea is simple : use of the existing gift card méchanism.

Please see also :
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-733
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-814

Any work about that point will be appreciated...

> Renaldas

> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: POS and discount card

Renaldas
Hello Jacques,
I think discount card can be used three ways:
1. Make a sale discount
2. Make a product discount
3. To collect points
What are Your ideas?
Where can I find any manual (end-user or other)  for POS?

Regards

Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

> Hello Jacques,
> I think discount card can be used three ways:
> 1. Make a sale discount
> 2. Make a product discount
> 3. To collect points
> What are Your ideas?

It's easier to see discount card  (or gift card as it's called in OFBiz) as a mean of payment. As you can use multi-means of payment
in OFBiz (and in the POS) yoy may use a discount card to pay a product or a sale as well. For now AFAIK there is no existing
mechanims to collect points nor to pay with points. How to transform points in paymen would be something to think about.

> Where can I find any manual (end-user or other)  for POS?

Thanks to Ray Barlow, pPlease see here : http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/attach/PointOfSaleSystem/Till+Manual_V1_7.pdf
It's a rather old version and though a new one exists it's not yet complete. It will be soon

Don't forget to take a look here also : http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=PointOfSaleSystem.
This is the old Wiki (before Apache incubation). The old is here http://docs.ofbiz.org/homepage.action but there is not much if any
about POS for now.

Anyway all these informations are acessible from http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/

Jacques

> Regards
>
> Renaldas
> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: POS and discount card

Renaldas
How it is possible to make discount using percentage in POS?
After sale I receive message "Change Due: -0,00" - and only keypad is active. Is it correct? I think it should show only 0.00 without minus sign. How to finish sale?

Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

There is currently a bug in this option. Ray Barlow has a fix but I did not commit it yet.

See : http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-670

And to know more about current problems and such : http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-734

Jacques

> How it is possible to make discount using percentage in POS?
> After sale I receive message "Change Due: -0,00" - and only keypad is
> active. Is it correct? I think it should show only 0.00 without minus sign.
> How to finish sale?
>
> Renaldas

> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: POS and discount card

Renaldas
in POS products have different colors - on what do they depend?
Whose products are accessible in POS and what are main requirements to have them in POS?

Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

> in POS products have different colors - on what do they depend?

They are only styles, see :
/ofbiz/applications/pos/screens/default/menu/posmain.xml
/ofbiz/applications/pos/styles/posstyles.xml

> Whose products are accessible in POS and what are main requirements to have
> them in POS?

See :
/ofbiz/applications/pos/screens/default/menu/posmain.xml

The POS component (aka application) uses XUI :
http://xui.sourceforge.net/
http://www.xoetrope.com/zone/index.php?zone=XUI

Jacques

> Renaldas
> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: POS and discount card

Renaldas
As I understood these buttons are created manually. Is there any possibility in POS to find all products whose can be sold? Or it is better to switch to Ofbiz->catalog and do all tasks there.
Is any manual how to load all products from ofbiz to POS. Or POS already have this information.

Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

BJ Freeman
in normal POS operation PLU"s are used.
there is  a good identification for PLU for products.
not sure if this is implement in the POS in ofbiz.

Renaldas sent the following on 8/9/2006 5:33 AM:
> As I understood these buttons are created manually. Is there any possibility
> in POS to find all products whose can be sold? Or it is better to switch to
> Ofbiz->catalog and do all tasks there.
> Is any manual how to load all products from ofbiz to POS. Or POS already
> have this information.
>
> Renaldas

Re: POS and discount card

> As I understood these buttons are created manually. Is there any possibility
> in POS to find all products whose can be sold? Or it is better to switch to
> Ofbiz->catalog and do all tasks there.

For the moment it's only manual. The idea behind is that if you have a lot of products you will need to use a barcode scanner. So
you may set some screens with most used products depending of the type of retailer (for example this type of screens may be well
suited for hairdressers, T-shirt retailers (with not much models ;o), etc.

> Is any manual how to load all products from ofbiz to POS. Or POS already
> have this information.

As long as you put products (sku) in /ofbiz/applications/pos/screens/default/menu/posmain.xml and this product ID. exist in OFBiz
it's ok (you don't have to put them in this file to use a barcode scanner)

Jacques

> Renaldas
> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: POS and discount card

Ray Barlow
The buttons are short cuts just for samples.

Any product you can access via a SKU or product code can be entered as
per the method described in the manual Jacques pointed you to. There is
no product search in POS currently or any means to list products.

Ray