POS item_modification_error

Renaldas
For some products in POS i receive this error:
item_modification_error - what can it mean?
the way to this error:
I enter prouct ID - RAM256_BRAND - everything is ok. Product is added to cart and so on.
If I enter ETH_BRAND - I recive above error.

Why sales discount is not shown by separate line as it is done with item discount?

Renaldas

Re: POS item_modification_error

Ray Barlow
That error message could cover a multitude of sins from no valid price
to trying to add virtual product, the best solution here is to check the
logs for a more meaningful message. Generally it's a message that would
be nice to improve for the user but it typically gets a low priority
once you understand your data requirements and have your data set up
properly.

Displaying sales discounts would be nice, I suspect it just never got
implemented. I'm looking at receipts for adjustments at the item level
and if I get time I will look into this as well.

Ray

Renaldas wrote:

> For some products in POS i receive this error:
> item_modification_error - what can it mean?
> the way to this error:
> I enter prouct ID - RAM256_BRAND - everything is ok. Product is added to
> cart and so on.
> If I enter ETH_BRAND - I recive above error.
>
> Why sales discount is not shown by separate line as it is done with item
> discount?
>
> Renaldas

Re: POS item_modification_error

> For some products in POS i receive this error:
> item_modification_error - what can it mean?
> the way to this error:
> I enter prouct ID - RAM256_BRAND - everything is ok. Product is added to
> cart and so on.
> If I enter ETH_BRAND - I recive above error.

It's because ETH_BRAND has only a component price. It can only be bought as a component. RAM256_BRAND has Purchase/Initial price :
it can be sold as a product.

> Why sales discount is not shown by separate line as it is done with item
> discount?

Yes that's a good question.  It shoulld be I think.

Jacques