[PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

[PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Pritam Kute
Hi Devs,

Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.

I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
your thoughts on this idea.

Thanks and Regards
Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Devanshu Vyas-2
I like the idea, big +1.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Pritam Kute <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Pawan Verma
Nice Initiative, Big +1.

--
Thanks and Regards,

*Pawan Verma* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part ||, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,
M.P, India - 452010
Cell phone: +91 9977705687

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Swapnil Mane
Big +1 Pritam!

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane

wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Rishi Solanki
+1 Pritam.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Swapnil Mane <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Big +1 Pritam!
>

> - Best Regards,
> Swapnil M Mane
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Pritam Kute <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> > nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> > update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
> >
> > I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> > proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to
> know
> > your thoughts on this idea.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > --
> > Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Chandan Khandelwal-4
+1 Pritam.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandan Khandelwal
Direct: +91-9893481076
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Aditya Sharma
+1

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Chandan Khandelwal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 Pritam.
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 Pritam.
> >
> > Rishi Solanki
> > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Swapnil Mane <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Big +1 Pritam!
> > >

> > > - Best Regards,
> > > Swapnil M Mane
> > >
> > > On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Pritam Kute <
> > > [hidden email]>

> > and

> > share
> > > know

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Chandan Khandelwal
> HotWax Systems
> Direct: +91-9893481076
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Rohit Rai-2
+1

Rohit Rai
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Aditya Sharma <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> *Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
> HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>
>
> On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Chandan Khandelwal <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 Pritam.
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 Pritam.
> > >
> > > Rishi Solanki
> > > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > > www.hotwax.co

> countries)
> notify
> > > and

> > > share

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Chandan Khandelwal
> > HotWax Systems
> > Direct: +91-9893481076
> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Pranay Pandey-3
+1

Best regards,
Pranay Pandey
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Ratnesh Upadhyay-2
+1 good idea.

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Hi Pritam,

Of course +1

Looking forward

Jacques

Le 26/08/2017 à 13:31, Pritam Kute a écrit :

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Sanjay Yadav
+1. Very nice idea, Pritam.

Best Regards,

*Sanjay Yadav*
Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
HotWax Systems

wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello Pritam,

Of course +1 but in fact how do you see that ?

Like email, to have some dedicate service : sendSMS with implement
different template as EmailTemplateSetting ?

Nicolas

Le 26/08/2017 à 13:31, Pritam Kute a écrit :

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Pritam Kute
Thanks to all Devs.

Nicolas, you are right. I am thinking of the same kind of design which we
have for email configuration. Please give me some time to put my design
thoughts on paper. I will share that with you all as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards
--
Pritam Kute

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Nicolas Malin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Pritam,
>
> Of course +1 but in fact how do you see that ?
>
> Like email, to have some dedicate service : sendSMS with implement
> different template as EmailTemplateSetting ?
>
> Nicolas
>

> Le 26/08/2017 à 13:31, Pritam Kute a écrit :
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
>> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
>> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>>
>> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
>> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
>> your thoughts on this idea.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> --
>> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Ashish Vijaywargiya-4
+1

Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya
HotWax Systems - est. 1997 <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Michael Brohl-3
+1

Looking forward to the design proposal.

You can use the wiki with a new page under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
to provide the details and support collaboration.

Thanks,

Michael

Am 26.08.17 um 13:31 schrieb Pritam Kute:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>
> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to know
> your thoughts on this idea.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Pritam Kute
Hello Devs,

Sorry for such a long delay.

Thanks, Michael for your inputs. I have added design proposal for the SMS
gateway integration and can be accessed here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ>:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ

Please go through the design and let me know if there are any questions,
suggestions or improvements which we can do.

Thanks to Devanshu Vyas and Aishwary Shrivastava for helping me with the
design and documentation.

Thanks and Regards
--
Pritam Kute

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 4:33 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Looking forward to the design proposal.
>
> You can use the wiki with a new page under
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
> to provide the details and support collaboration.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> Am 26.08.17 um 13:31 schrieb Pritam Kute:
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> > nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
> > update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
> >
> > I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
> > proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to
> know
> > your thoughts on this idea.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > --
> > Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Rishi Solanki
Pritam,

Your proposal looks good to go with, only one point to discuss here;
Like ProductStoreEmailSetting have all the configuration
ProductStoreSmsSetting will have the settingId and all configuration goes
into the SmsTemplateSetting. This looks okay to me, no objection. Do we
have any recommendation to adopt such configuration so that not right now
but in future we may opt one type setting for both Email and SMS.

In that way we will have consistent design for both, and devs/users can
easily grab such setting for their use.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Pritam Kute <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> Sorry for such a long delay.
>
> Thanks, Michael for your inputs. I have added design proposal for the SMS
> gateway integration and can be accessed here
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ>:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ
>
> Please go through the design and let me know if there are any questions,
> suggestions or improvements which we can do.
>
> Thanks to Devanshu Vyas and Aishwary Shrivastava for helping me with the
> design and documentation.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> Pritam Kute
>
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 4:33 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Looking forward to the design proposal.
> >
> > You can use the wiki with a new page under
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
> OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
> > to provide the details and support collaboration.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > Am 26.08.17 um 13:31 schrieb Pritam Kute:
> > > Hi Devs,
> > >
> > > Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
> > > nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify
> and
> > > update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
> > >
> > > I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will
> share
> > > proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to
> > know
> > > your thoughts on this idea.
> > >
> > > Thanks and Regards
> > > --
> > > Pritam Kute

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

taher
sounds awesome, and we could all benefit. +1

I propose preparing your PoC and sharing it here after you attaching
it in JIRA. I hope we can minimize the number of library dependencies
if we can.

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pritam,
>
> Your proposal looks good to go with, only one point to discuss here;
> Like ProductStoreEmailSetting have all the configuration
> ProductStoreSmsSetting will have the settingId and all configuration goes
> into the SmsTemplateSetting. This looks okay to me, no objection. Do we
> have any recommendation to adopt such configuration so that not right now
> but in future we may opt one type setting for both Email and SMS.
>
> In that way we will have consistent design for both, and devs/users can
> easily grab such setting for their use.
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Pritam Kute <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Devs,
>>
>> Sorry for such a long delay.
>>
>> Thanks, Michael for your inputs. I have added design proposal for the SMS
>> gateway integration and can be accessed here
>> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ>:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ
>>
>> Please go through the design and let me know if there are any questions,
>> suggestions or improvements which we can do.
>>
>> Thanks to Devanshu Vyas and Aishwary Shrivastava for helping me with the
>> design and documentation.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> --
>> Pritam Kute
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 4:33 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > +1
>> >
>> > Looking forward to the design proposal.
>> >
>> > You can use the wiki with a new page under
>> >
>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
>> OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
>> > to provide the details and support collaboration.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Michael

>> and

>> share
>> > know

Re: [PROPOSAL] Short Messaging Service(SMS) Gateway Integration

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello Pritam,

Maybe I arrived after the war still I wish sharing my opinion :)

General term Sms seems to be too specific, I would've oriented on
TelecomGateway

* ProductStoreTelecomGatewaySetting (too long :))
* TelecomGatewayConfig
* TelecomGatewayConfigType, and so on

For the attributes :
* configId is too generic and already use on productConfig entity. It's
preferable to have unique name in OFBiz as primaryKey (same for settingId)
* parentSmsConfigTypeId need to rename on parentTypeId if you want to
follow EntityType pattern.

Why set the purpose (smsTypeId) on SmsTemplateSetting instead of on
ProductStoreSmsSetting where the template application will be done ?

What do you imagine behind the CustomMethod linked to SmsTemplateSetting ?

That's all I'll stop bothering you :)

Cheers,

Nicolas

On 02/07/2018 11:22, Pritam Kute wrote:

> Hello Devs,
>
> Sorry for such a long delay.
>
> Thanks, Michael for your inputs. I have added design proposal for the SMS
> gateway integration and can be accessed here
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ>:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Zgo0BQ
>
> Please go through the design and let me know if there are any questions,
> suggestions or improvements which we can do.
>
> Thanks to Devanshu Vyas and Aishwary Shrivastava for helping me with the
> design and documentation.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> --
> Pritam Kute
>
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 4:33 PM Michael Brohl <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Looking forward to the design proposal.
>>
>> You can use the wiki with a new page under
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Requirements+and+Design+Proposals
>> to provide the details and support collaboration.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Am 26.08.17 um 13:31 schrieb Pritam Kute:
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> Many e-commerce businesses (especially operating in Asian countries)
>>> nowadays use short messaging service (SMS) in mobile phones to notify and
>>> update customers about order details, shipment statuses etc.
>>>
>>> I would like to propose an SMS Gateway Integration in Ofbiz. I will share
>>> proposed design details with you all soon. Till then, I would like to
>> know
>>> your thoughts on this idea.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> --