Payment types

Scott.
Hi Guys,

Could someone explain the payment methodology please. Here is what I am trying to understand from a B2C prospective. A customer orders an item and decides to pay by check. He writes the check but its not actually deposited yet but we mark the payment as accepted. If I am understanding it correctly, it is only posted to the GL after I manually do a bank deposit? What about cash, etc, etc? Same thing?

I'm also a bit confused with payment type for the sake of the order completion and payment actually received.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Payment types

Yes, in such a case (not an electronic payment) you must manually validate the payment (and the order subsquently) when you really
have the payment in hand. Else you might be having problem with you business, isn'it ?
By the way, I'm not sure of what you mean by "we mark the payment as accepted", in term of OFBiz action.

Jacques

From: "Scott." <[hidden email]>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Could someone explain the payment methodology please. Here is what I am
> trying to understand from a B2C prospective. A customer orders an item and
> decides to pay by check. He writes the check but its not actually deposited
> yet but we mark the payment as accepted. If I am understanding it correctly,
> it is only posted to the GL after I manually do a bank deposit? What about
> cash, etc, etc? Same thing?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Payment types

masionas
Hi Jacques,

I think Scott means if we have selected during order creation payment type as Cash or Check then after  created an order the status of payment was set by ofbiz to "Received".

jacques.le.roux wrote

From: "Scott." <Scott@anglolimited.com>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Could someone explain the payment methodology please. Here is what I am
> trying to understand from a B2C prospective. A customer orders an item and
> decides to pay by check. He writes the check but its not actually deposited
> yet but we mark the payment as accepted. If I am understanding it correctly,
> it is only posted to the GL after I manually do a bank deposit? What about
> cash, etc, etc? Same thing?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Payment types

This is not set automatically you have to user the Receive Payment link on Order View screen
(https://localhost:8443/ordermgr/control/receivepayment?orderId=myOrderID) before.
Thus my question

Jacques

From: "JohnBrown" <[hidden email]>