Personalized Catalogs?

vpatt
Regarding:
>> When a Customer is associated with a Catalog they are then able to
view and purchase from that Catalog via ecommerce.  If
>> you wish to restrict a Catalog to certain customers you would use
this role for the desired Party and not associate a Product Store to the
Catalog.

Question:
Is it possible to display one of many catalogs associated with the
ecommerce site based on the Party's roles or group membership?  In other
words, if there are 3 catalogs included in the ecommerce site and the
logged in user's view priviliges need to be restricted to a single
catalog, how would that be implemented?

--Vic

Re: Personalized Catalogs?

cjhowe
Yes, in the catalog manager, the parties tab will allow a party to view
the catalog.  Just make sure that you don't have your catalog
associated with a store otherwise the store permission will allow
everyone to view it.

--- Vic Patterson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Regarding:
> >> When a Customer is associated with a Catalog they are then able to
> view and purchase from that Catalog via ecommerce.  If
> >> you wish to restrict a Catalog to certain customers you would use
> this role for the desired Party and not associate a Product Store to
> the
> Catalog.
>
> Question:
> Is it possible to display one of many catalogs associated with the
> ecommerce site based on the Party's roles or group membership?  In
> other
> words, if there are 3 catalogs included in the ecommerce site and the
> logged in user's view priviliges need to be restricted to a single
> catalog, how would that be implemented?
>
> --Vic

RE: Personalized Catalogs?

vpatt
My existing setup is:

1. The ecommerce store setting for "Require Customer Role" is set to "Y"
2. The 3 catalogs are not associated with a store
3. Each of the 3 catalogs have a different Party with Role set to
"Customer" and each Party has "Customer" Role assigned
4. Categories tab (for each catalog) has the base rollup categoryId set
for "Browse Root" and "View Allow"
5. Each "Browse Root" is "MakeTop"

My result is that each of the logged in users sees the same "Browse
Root" catalog.  My intention is to have each one see a different "Browse
Root".  What should I be looking at in my configuration to make it
operate in this manner?

--Vic