Please do Find my query

Jame Jane

Hi,

I have a business requirement where I need to
customize Shipping Tab for shipment.

I am very new to ofbiz, iam just trying to understand it only.
but i a task to do.

The task is like from Admin Side if we created a Shippment Method
it should reflected at Ecommerce  Side.

i.e if we created a Shipping Method that method should be
come at ecommerce side when we are doing the CheckOut.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Please do Find my query

BJ Freeman
there a many service providers that understand ofbiz.
You should contact on of them to help you.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers

Jame Jane sent the following on 4/12/2008 3:23 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I have a business requirement where I need to
> customize Shipping Tab for shipment.
>
> I am very new to ofbiz, iam just trying to understand it only.
> but i a task to do.
>
> The task is like from Admin Side if we created a Shippment Method
> it should reflected at Ecommerce  Side.
>
> i.e if we created a Shipping Method that method should be
> come at ecommerce side when we are doing the CheckOut.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Please do Find my query

rajsaini

If you follow the demo site, you should know how it is working.
Specially try to understand things under shipping tab in Catalog and
shipping estimates in product store. You would also need your products
to have weights. If you configure shipping and shipping estimates
properly, every thing will be visible in e-commerce.

Thanks,

Raj

> iness requirement where I need to
> customize Shipping Tab for shipment.
>
> I am very new to ofbiz, iam just trying to understand it only.
> but i a task  to do.
>
> The task is like from Admin Side if we created a Shippment Method
> it should reflected at Ecommerce  Side.
>
> i.e if we created a Shipping Method that method should be
> come at ecommerce side when we are doing the CheckOut.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Please do Find my query

Valentina Sirkova
On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 15:23 -0700, Jame Jane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a business requirement where I need to
> customize Shipping Tab for shipment.
>
> I am very new to ofbiz, iam just trying to understand it only.
> but i a task to do.
>
> The task is like from Admin Side if we created a Shippment Method
> it should reflected at Ecommerce  Side.
>
> i.e if we created a Shipping Method that method should be
> come at ecommerce side when we are doing the CheckOut.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Hi,

In case you haven`t figured it out you should first create shipment
method type through catalog mgr then create carrier shipment method(I
think you should assign the party "carrier" role). Then you should
assign the shippment method to your store.
See checkoutshippingoptions.ftl in ecommerce - it is the one displaying
the the shipping methods in "ecommerce checkout" and follow the methods
involved in the whole process.

regards: Valentina