Preparing the new release 16.11.05

Jacopo Cappellato-5
Hi all,

I think it is a good time to release a new bug fix release for the 16.11
branch, since the last one was released in January (approximately 6 months
ago) and a series of bug fixes has been already backported.
According to our naming rules, the release would be numbered as 16.11.05
because it will be the 5th release of the 16.11 branch.
Unless there are no special concerns then I will prepare the release files
for your review and call a vote on them in the next couple of days (this
email is not the vote thread so you can wait to express your
comments/votes/decisions on the release when the vote thread will be
called).

Re: Preparing the new release 16.11.05

Pierre Smits-3
Should OFBIZ-4361 not get resolved for this?

Op zo 9 sep. 2018 om 08:49 schreef Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]>

Sent from my phone

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should OFBIZ-4361 not get resolved for this?

It makes sense, thank you.
I have posted a comment in the ticket and hopefully we will come up with a
quick resolution.
Should we wait a few more days to see if we can commit and test that work
before we start the release voting process? However I wouldn't delay the
release preparation more than a few days and I would rather issue this
release and then issue another one in a few weeks.

Re: Preparing the new release 16.11.05

taher
I don't think this issue is a blocker for a new release, nor does it
necessarily warrant a release just for that. It can just be part of a batch
as usual.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 12:09 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Should OFBIZ-4361 not get resolved for this?
>

> It makes sense, thank you.
> I have posted a comment in the ticket and hopefully we will come up with a
> quick resolution.
> Should we wait a few more days to see if we can commit and test that work
> before we start the release voting process? However I wouldn't delay the
> release preparation more than a few days and I would rather issue this
> release and then issue another one in a few weeks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacopo

Re: Preparing the new release 16.11.05

Jacopo Cappellato-5
I am ready to prepare the release files and start a vote but before I do I
would like to double check about OFBIZ-4361: if people think that it should
be considered blocker then we could disable the link/feature in the release
branch and proceed with the release process; when we will have a
stable/tested/agreed upon refactoring of this "reset password" feature we
could re-enable the link.

Jacopo

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't think this issue is a blocker for a new release, nor does it
> necessarily warrant a release just for that. It can just be part of a batch
> as usual.
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 12:09 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM Pierre Smits <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Should OFBIZ-4361 not get resolved for this?
> >

> > It makes sense, thank you.
> > I have posted a comment in the ticket and hopefully we will come up with
> > quick resolution.
> > Should we wait a few more days to see if we can commit and test that work
> > before we start the release voting process? However I wouldn't delay the
> > release preparation more than a few days and I would rather issue this
> > release and then issue another one in a few weeks.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jacopo

Re: Preparing the new release 16.11.05

Jacopo Cappellato-5
No feedback so far; I will proceed with the release preparation.

Jacopo

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:09 AM Jacopo Cappellato <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am ready to prepare the release files and start a vote but before I do I
> would like to double check about OFBIZ-4361: if people think that it should
> be considered blocker then we could disable the link/feature in the release
> branch and proceed with the release process; when we will have a
> stable/tested/agreed upon refactoring of this "reset password" feature we
> could re-enable the link.
>
> Jacopo
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM Taher Alkhateeb <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I don't think this issue is a blocker for a new release, nor does it
>> necessarily warrant a release just for that. It can just be part of a
>> batch
>> as usual.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018, 12:09 PM Jacopo Cappellato <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:

>> > It makes sense, thank you.
>> > I have posted a comment in the ticket and hopefully we will come up
>> with a
>> > quick resolution.
>> > Should we wait a few more days to see if we can commit and test that
>> work
>> > before we start the release voting process? However I wouldn't delay the
>> > release preparation more than a few days and I would rather issue this
>> > release and then issue another one in a few weeks.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Jacopo

Re: Preparing the new release 16.11.05

Rishi Solanki