Price Rules...discounted amount?

Calum Miller-2
Hi,

When adding in a price rule to create a quantity discount, how do I
display the amount discounted? For example, 6 items@£10 per item with a
10% discount I'd like to display the following in the shopping cart:

Grand Total: £54
Discount: £6

Thanks

Calum

Re: Price Rules...discounted amount?

Walter Vaughan
Calum Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When adding in a price rule to create a quantity discount, how do I
> display the amount discounted? For example, 6 items@£10 per item with a
> 10% discount I'd like to display the following in the shopping cart:
>
> Grand Total: £54
> Discount: £6

How I've always kept them straight in my head is this way
Price rules are pre-cart and promos are post-cart.
At least that rule of thumb works for me. YMMV.

What that means is that the price rule discount is shown before the item goes
into the cart, and the result is what goes into the cart.
A promo happens after the item is put into the cart and thus those discounts
show in the cart because they are a function of the cart and thus are highly
visible.

Of cource, the ecommerce module is designed for heavy modification, so at the
end of the day you could have it display whatever you wanted.

Walter

Re: Price Rules...discounted amount?

Rodrigo Lima-2
Only Crocodilo join to change