Primary Parent Category, Category Rollup

Primary Parent Category, Category Rollup

wt@teksavvy.com
Hello,
Could someone tell the difference between "Primary Parent Category" and "Category Rollup" and when one would choose to use one over the other.

Re: Primary Parent Category, Category Rollup

BJ Freeman
basically "Primary Parent Category" is the top of the list
"Category Rollup" is the list with which category is parent to it.

buzlite sent the following on 8/22/2009 8:34 PM:

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Systems Integrator.

Re: Primary Parent Category, Category Rollup

wt@teksavvy.com
I'm still confused.  Given your statement that "Primary Parent Category" is at the top of the list.

Let CategoryB.PrimaryParentCategory=CategoryA. Yet, ofbiz allows me to, via rollup, configure CategoryA to have multiple parent categories as well as multiple child categories.

I think my understanding is missing something?

BJ Freeman wrote