Printing lists in OFBiz

Torsten Schlabach-2
Hi all!

Is there anything like a simple list generator in OFBiz?

For example, I would like to be able to export a list of all my
customers in CSV, PDF, whatever, but a human readable format. I can of
course do an XML export and than use XSL and XSL-FO to make it leggible
to a human.

But would I have to do this outside of OFBiz by other means or would
OFBiz provide any tools for that?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Printing lists in OFBiz

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Torsten,

yes, there is.
Just create a form widget definition for your list and a screen widget
definition to reference it.
I'd suggest that you first create a standard html screen based on
widget, and then you copy the screen definition and slightly change it
to create a PDF or XML export (in order to do this you have to properly
define the view definition in the controller and the righr global
decorator to be used in the screen).
For an example of this have a look at the
ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct* screens defined in the
applications/product component:

ViewFacilityInventoryByProduct is the html version
ViewFacilityInventoryByProductReport is the PDF version
ViewFacilityInventoryByProductExport is the xml version

all based on the same form definition.

Hope it helps. One you have prepared the html version, creating the
PDF/XML versions is really very simple.

Jacopo