Problem Building - ant run-install-seed

Branden Strickland
Well, I've been having some odd issues lately, and while working them out,
at one point I figured I'd pull down a new SVN trunk and fiddle around a
bit.

When I go to build with ant I get the following when It gets to the POS
stuff.  (the carrots (^) lost their spaces so don't pay attention to where
they point.... If need be, I can go through and adust.

Anyone ever see anything like this?  It looks like the build file is blowing
away the lib directories it creates before it has time to build everything?

clean-lib:
[delete] Deleting directory /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build/lib

prepare:
[mkdir] Created dir: /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build/lib

classpath:

classes:
[javac] Compiling 56 source files to /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build/cl
asses
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/PosTransaction.java
:35: package org.ofbiz.accounting.payment does not exist
[javac] import org.ofbiz.accounting.payment.PaymentGatewayServices;
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/screen/PosScreen.ja
va:30: warning: [deprecation] net.xoetrope.builder.NavigationHelper in
net.xoetr ope.builder has been deprecated
[javac] import net.xoetrope.builder.NavigationHelper;
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/screen/PosScreen.ja
va:50: warning: [deprecation] net.xoetrope.builder.NavigationHelper in
net.xoetr ope.builder has been deprecated
[javac] public class PosScreen extends NavigationHelper implements Runnable,
DialogCallback, FocusListener {
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/PosTransaction.java
:312: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : variable PaymentGatewayServices
[javac] location: class org.ofbiz.pos.PosTransaction
[javac] authTrans = PaymentGatewayServices.getAuthTransaction(pa ymentPref);
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/component/Operator.
java:61: warning: [deprecation] getStyleManager() in
net.xoetrope.xui.XProjectMa nager has been deprecated
[javac] this.titleStyle = XProjectManager.getStyleManager().getStyle
(style);
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/component/PosButton
Wrapper.java:56: warning: [deprecation] getStyleManager() in
net.xoetrope.xui.XP rojectManager has been deprecated
[javac] this.disabledStyle = XProjectManager.getStyleManager().getSt
yle(disabledAll);
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/component/PosButton
Wrapper.java:63: warning: [deprecation] getStyleManager() in
net.xoetrope.xui.XP rojectManager has been deprecated
[javac] this.enabledStyle = XProjectManager.getStyleManager().ge
tStyle(styleName);
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/component/PosButton
Wrapper.java:68: warning: [deprecation] getStyleManager() in
net.xoetrope.xui.XP rojectManager has been deprecated
[javac] this.enabledStyle = XProjectManager.getStyleManager().ge
tStyle(enabledMenu);
[javac] ^
[javac] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/src/org/ofbiz/pos/event/ManagerEvents
.java:381: warning: [deprecation] getPageManager() in
net.xoetrope.xui.XProjectM anager has been deprecated
[javac] XProjectManager.getPageManager().reset();
[javac] ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 2 errors
[javac] 7 warnings
[subant] Failure for target 'null' of: /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/build.xml
[subant] The following error occurred while executing this line:
[subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/build.xml:63: The following error
occurre d while executing this line:
[subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build.xml:91: Compile failed; see
the compiler error output for details.
[subant] No sub-builds to iterate on

Re: Problem Building - ant run-install-seed

Vikas Mayur-3
Build OFBiz on revision 646797.
Worked fine without any error, except with few warnings because of
deprecated methods.

Vikas

On Apr 10, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Branden Strickland wrote:

> [...]
> net.xoetrope.xui.XProjectM anager has been deprecated
> [javac] XProjectManager.getPageManager().reset();
> [javac] ^
> [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
> [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> [javac] 2 errors
> [javac] 7 warnings
> [subant] Failure for target 'null' of: /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/
> build.xml
> [subant] The following error occurred while executing this line:
> [subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/build.xml:63: The following error
> occurre d while executing this line:
> [subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build.xml:91: Compile
> failed; see
> the compiler error output for details.
> [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on

Re: Problem Building - ant run-install-seed

could we chalk this up to a bad Java environment?  I only ask this becuase
previous user list discussions having to do with the POS portion involving
the Epson Jpos ADK install messing with classpaths and some other things
that a java based printer driver shouldn't be messing with.

Just curious... I'm going to blow away my JAVA install and start from
scratch. BUT if you do have an inkling as to what it could be....I'd love to
hear it!

Thanks!

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> > .java:381: warning: [deprecation] getPageManager() in
> > net.xoetrope.xui.XProjectM anager has been deprecated
> > [javac] XProjectManager.getPageManager().reset();
> > [javac] ^
> > [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
> > [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> > [javac] 2 errors
> > [javac] 7 warnings
> > [subant] Failure for target 'null' of:
> > /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/build.xml
> > [subant] The following error occurred while executing this line:
> > [subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/build.xml:63: The following error
> > occurre d while executing this line:
> > [subant] /ofbizmamas/specialpurpose/pos/build.xml:91: Compile failed;
> > see
> > the compiler error output for details.
> > [subant] No sub-builds to iterate on

Re: Problem Building - ant run-install-seed

SOLVED:

This was my error.

I was installing jdk1.6.0_05.bin and in ubuntu I accidentally used sudo to
unpack it.  Making all java stuff owned by root:root.  I'm so used to RPMS
where you can run it as sudo or root, but the rpm will place correct
ownership.

Completely my fault!