Problem in Virtual products

Re: Currency in store and eCommerce

David,

If I set the default price on one variant, say Giant Widget B3 [ID:WG-9943-B3], it has no impact on the price shown in eCommerce
(also on the price that shows when you have choseen all features, and the price in cart).
Then if I set competitive price on Giant Widget B3 it has no impact either.
Then if I set the list price on Giant Widget B3 the price that shows when you have choseen all features, and the price in cart are
changed to this value. But nor the competitive price, nor the list price are changed in eCommerce.
I tried to unload/reload the OFBiz instance but this has no impact either.

So yes, this seems that a bug has slipped in... Before opening a Jira issue I would prefer that someone else check that and confirm
in case I miss something.

From: "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> On Dec 16, 2007, at 3:19 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Yes you are right, I did not try with all prices. I overrided only
>> the default price. Overriding competitive price has  also no
>> impact.
>
> What do you mean by overriding the competitive price? Do you mean
> defining one on the variant the overlaps in all other ways with one on
> the virtual? That _should_ work.
>
>> The public price should be overriden to show directly when you
>> choose all the variations.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean when you say "choose all the variations",
> so I'm not sure what to say about this... Which page and specific user
> action are you referring to?
>
>> Note that this feature is recent
>> and does not exist in release4.0.
>
> Now that is scaring me quite a bit... the functionality to use a
> virtual products prices by default and the variants to override if
> they exist has been around for a LONG time and nothing should have
> changed in that. If something has, it is probably a bug and should be
> fixed.
>
> -David
>

>> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

>>> Not sure if I read this right, but it seems incorrect. Prices on
>>> variants should always override the prices on a virtual product, if
>>> present.
>>>
>>> -David

123