Problem in receiving the shipment

Gurcharan
Hello,

When we tried to receive shipment from against a PO we are getting the error
(details below). In a previous mailing <
http://www.nabble.com/error-when-receiving-a-shipment-tf3901102.html#a11059102>
David said - "That is just a parsing *error* and shouldn't have an effect on
operation. It is because we have an enumerated list in the XSD (which we
want to keep there) but we have a variable insertion in the file that isn't
a literal value in the enumeration. ". But we are seeing that the products
are not added to the inventory.

----------- ERROR LOG --------------------------

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://warehouse/widget/warehouse/screens/inventory/InventoryScreens.xml#ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at location
[component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running BSH script at
[component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh],
line [210]: Sourced file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition : at Line: 210 : in file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: delegator .findByCondition ( "InventoryItem" , new EntityConditionList (
conditions , EntityOperator .AND ) , null , null )

Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
Error in simple-method [Convert UOM values
[file:/C:/ERPDev/opentaps/framework/common/script/org/ofbiz/common/CommonServices.xml#convertUom]]:
; [UOM Conversion Relationship Not Found]
(Sourced file:
component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
: Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition) (Error running BSH script at
[...]

Regards,
Gurcharan

Re: Problem in receiving the shipment

Jacopo Cappellato
I recently had a similar issue with the "converUom" service (when used
by the getProductCost service) because, if the service cannot find a
conversion coefficient then it returns an error: in my opinion this
sistuation should not be handled with a service error, instead we should
return a null/empty converted value: I mean that the output parameter of
the convertUom service should be set to optional (now it is mandatory).
If it is ok I will commit this change (hopefully) soon.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Gurcharan Singh wrote:

> [...]
> component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
> : delegator .findByCondition ( "InventoryItem" , new EntityConditionList (
> conditions , EntityOperator .AND ) , null , null )
>
> Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
> The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
> transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
> Error in simple-method [Convert UOM values
> [file:/C:/ERPDev/opentaps/framework/common/script/org/ofbiz/common/CommonServices.xml#convertUom]]:
> ; [UOM Conversion Relationship Not Found]
> (Sourced file:
> component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
> : Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition)))

This looks to be a appropriate flow. Pls, do update when changes are
committed to the code.

Gurcharan

www.digitalmediainitiatives.com

Re: Problem in receiving the shipment

+1

Do you plan to put some checks where the service is used or ist it useless (just a fast question without much thinking) ?

Jacques

De : "Jacopo Cappellato" <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> > component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
> > : delegator .findByCondition ( "InventoryItem" , new EntityConditionList (
> > conditions , EntityOperator .AND ) , null , null )
> >
> > Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
> > The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
> > transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
> > Error in simple-method [Convert UOM values
> > [file:/C:/ERPDev/opentaps/framework/common/script/org/ofbiz/common/CommonServices.xml#convertUom]]:
> > ; [UOM Conversion Relationship Not Found]
> > (Sourced file:
> > component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
> > : Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition)))

Jacques,

yes, I plan to  check where the service is called... this is a good point.

Jacopo

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> [...]
>>> component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
>>> : delegator .findByCondition ( "InventoryItem" , new EntityConditionList (
>>> conditions , EntityOperator .AND ) , null , null )
>>>
>>> Target exception: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException:
>>> The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new
>>> transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by:
>>> Error in simple-method [Convert UOM values
>>> [file:/C:/ERPDev/opentaps/framework/common/script/org/ofbiz/common/CommonServices.xml#convertUom]]:
>>> ; [UOM Conversion Relationship Not Found]
>>> (Sourced file:
>>> component://warehouse/webapp/warehouse/WEB-INF/actions/inventory/ReceiveInventoryAgainstPurchaseOrder.bsh
>>> : Method Invocation delegator.findByCondition)))

Why is a new java class cannot be found?

Mathius Allo
  Hi,

  I just created a new java class to implement java method but when I could not make use if it.

  why trying to invoke a method from the java class as below:

  <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices" invoke="findCustomerById"/>

  It could not find the class "org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices". The class has been compiled successfully.

  Error message:
  ================
  2007-08-05 00:50:52,265 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor3) [ RequestHandler.java:308:ERROR] Request viewCustomer caused an error with the following message: Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Error invoking event, the class org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices was not found

  I'm using eclipse.

  Does anybody have quick feedback on what steps I might have missed out?

  Regards,
  Mathius

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Re: Why is a new java class cannot be found?

BJ Freeman
not sure the compiling developemnet enviroment your are using.
what is the path from obiz_home to org.ofbiz.customer

Mathius Allo sent the following on 8/4/2007 9:57 AM:

>   Hi,
>
>   I just created a new java class to implement java method but when I could not make use if it.
>
>   why trying to invoke a method from the java class as below:
>
>   <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices" invoke="findCustomerById"/>
>
>   It could not find the class "org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices". The class has been compiled successfully.
>
>   Error message:
>   ================
>   2007-08-05 00:50:52,265 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor3) [ RequestHandler.java:308:ERROR] Request viewCustomer caused an error with the following message: Error calling event: org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Error invoking event, the class org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices was not found
>
>   I'm using eclipse.
>
>   Does anybody have quick feedback on what steps I might have missed out?
>
>   Regards,
>   Mathius
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Re: Why is a new java class cannot be found?

Brett
If you are running an ant build make sure the built Jar file is part
of the classpath in your ofbiz-component.xml file.

Brett

On 8/4/07, Mathius Allo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   Hi,
>
>   I just created a new java class to implement java method but when I could
> not make use if it.
>
>   why trying to invoke a method from the java class as below:
>
>   <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices"
> invoke="findCustomerById"/>
>
>   It could not find the class "org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices". The
> class has been compiled successfully.
>
>   Error message:
>   ================
>   2007-08-05 00:50:52,265 (http-0.0.0.0-8443-Processor3) [
> RequestHandler.java:308:ERROR] Request viewCustomer caused an error with the
> following message: Error calling event:
> org.ofbiz.webapp.event.EventHandlerException: Error invoking event, the
> class org.ofbiz.customer.CustomerServices was not found
>
>   I'm using eclipse.
>
>   Does anybody have quick feedback on what steps I might have missed out?
>
>   Regards,
>   Mathius
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Re: Why is a new java class cannot be found?

Mathius Allo
Thanks for your feedback.

  It is working now. I didn't put my own module "build.xml" in the follow entry under application build.xml. That's why my newly added class is not being included in the classpath.

  <filelist id="application-builds" dir="."
  files="content/build.xml,party/build.xml,
  workeffort/build.xml,product/build.xml,marketing/build.xml,
  order/build.xml,manufacturing/build.xml,
  accounting/build.xml,ecommerce/build.xml,
  securityext/build.xml, customer/build.xml"/>

  Regards,
  Mathius

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting  gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.