Problem starting OFBiz

flj

Problem starting OFBiz

flj
Hello.

I can send the entire log, but I suppose this line is what's interesting:
7156 [               Jotm.java:118:INFO ] JOTM started with a local
transaction factory which is not bound.

java version "1.5.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_02-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_02-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

OFbiz downloaded today.

Also downloaded sequoia (also today), I get the same problem when I run
the sequoia startup scripts.

Any ideas?

br,

--
Florin Jurcovici
------------------
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Re: Problem starting OFBiz

Walter Vaughan
Florin Jurcovici wrote:

> I can send the entire log, but I suppose this line is what's interesting:
> 7156 [               Jotm.java:118:INFO ] JOTM started with a local
> transaction factory which is not bound.

What JDK are you using? What's the first line of "javac -version null" say?
How much memory is in your box?

Did you run "ant run-install"?

Walter

Re: Problem starting OFBiz

cjhowe
versions of ofbiz that require JOTM cannot run on Java
5.  Current svn which uses Geronimo instead of JOTM
can run on Java 5.  Hope that helps

--- Florin Jurcovici <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I can send the entire log, but I suppose this line
> is what's interesting:
> 7156 [               Jotm.java:118:INFO ] JOTM
> started with a local
> transaction factory which is not bound.
>
> java version "1.5.0_02"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
> (build 1.5.0_02-b09)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_02-b09,
> mixed mode, sharing)
>
> OFbiz downloaded today.
>
> Also downloaded sequoia (also today), I get the same
> problem when I run
> the sequoia startup scripts.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> br,
>
> --
> Florin Jurcovici
> ------------------
> What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Re: Problem starting OFBiz

Seems strange JOTM is no more used, replaced by Geronimo in Apache version
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ofbiz/trunk ofbizPlease see :
http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/svn.htmlSequoia/OpenTaps depending of version may still use JOTM.The best is to use the last SVN
to be sure...
Jacques

> I can send the entire log, but I suppose this line is what's interesting:
> 7156 [               Jotm.java:118:INFO ] JOTM started with a local
> transaction factory which is not bound.
>
> java version "1.5.0_02"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_02-b09)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_02-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
>
> OFbiz downloaded today.
>
> Also downloaded sequoia (also today), I get the same problem when I run
> the sequoia startup scripts.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> br,
>
> --
> Florin Jurcovici
> ------------------
> What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

flj

Fwd: Re: Problem starting OFBiz

flj
Hello.

Switched to the right JVM, ist started immediately. But now there's
another problem: when trying to access the manufacturing module, I get an
error about server not found, although I run the app from the local host.

Any ideas?

br,

--
Florin Jurcovici
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

versions of ofbiz that require JOTM cannot run on Java
5.  Current svn which uses Geronimo instead of JOTM
can run on Java 5.  Hope that helps

Re: Fwd: Re: Problem starting OFBiz

cjhowe
can you provide the actual error that was output to
the log?