Problems while PUSH and PULL entity sync process in POS

Problems while PUSH and PULL entity sync process in POS

skpradeepkumar
Hi Vince,

Thanx for your help. Actually I've seen your posts in forum and came to know
that you have worked a lot on this POS subject. You have also configured
well.
As per your instructions, I should point to my PSS or MCS instead of
localhost for entity-sync-rmi. I'm telling you what I got from this, correct
me please if I'm wrong. Now I've to setup ofbiz on two or three different
places (Separate MCS, PSS and POS). All these will require separate
applications to be installed and configured on a different PC.

Now, on POS appliction PC, I should point this entity-sync-rmi to PSS PC,
e.g. settings should be like this:

main-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
entity-sync-http = http://sys_pss:8080/webtools/control/httpService
entity-sync-rmi = rmi://sys_pss:1099/RMIDispatcher
rita-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
eedcc-test = http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService

On PSS appliction PC, I should point this entity-sync-rmi to MCS PC, e.g.
settings should be like this:

main-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
entity-sync-http = http://sys_mcs:8080/webtools/control/httpService
entity-sync-rmi = rmi://sys_mcs:1099/RMIDispatcher
rita-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
eedcc-test = http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService

On MCS appliction PC, I should not point this entity-sync-rmi anywhere, e.g.
settings should be like this:

main-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
entity-sync-http = http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService
entity-sync-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
rita-rmi = rmi://localhost:1099/RMIDispatcher
eedcc-test = http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/httpService

All three application will have their own entityengine.xml and thus they can
be maintained on separate databases.

Only this much information passing is suficient or I'll have to go for some
more further implementations in other files too? Please let me know that the
said implemenattion will solve my problem or need something else.

One more additional question I've, like we assign a default catalog in
DemoRetail.xml for POS but the products are hardcoded in PosMain.xml, how we
can fetch and display the products available in specified catalog
dynamically on POS screen?

Thanx for all the helps.

With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar

Re: Problems while PUSH and PULL entity sync process in POS

Vince Clark

Your settings are correct. Note that it is not necessary to set entity-sync-http if you are only using RMI.

These settings will get each instance pointing to the proper "upstream" instance. The next step in a successful POS setup is how you configure PUSH and PULL in each instance. PosSyncSettings.xml is a good guide, but I'm here to help if you need any questions answered.