[Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

[Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Aman Agrawal
Hello,

In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
disable accounting.
So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
entertained accordingly.

Thanks and regards,
*Aman Agrawal*
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Rishi Solanki
Hi Aman,
+1 for making it configurable.

By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we may
record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
accounting transaction for other organization.

This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario. So
big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.

Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
same instance.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> disable accounting.
> So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
> We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> entertained accordingly.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> *Aman Agrawal*
> Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Hi Aman, Rishi,

Why not have both?

Jacques

Le 03/05/2018 à 08:40, Rishi Solanki a écrit :

> Hi Aman,
> +1 for making it configurable.
>
> By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
> transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we may
> record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
> accounting transaction for other organization.
>
> This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario. So
> big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
> for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
>
> Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
> but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
> same instance.
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
>> disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
>> disable accounting.
>> So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
>> We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
>> 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
>> entertained accordingly.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> *Aman Agrawal*
>> Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
>> www.hotwaxsystems.com
>> www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Arun Patidar-3
+1 Aman, PartyAcctgPreference looks good to me. This will give the
flexibility to control accounting on Company party level.

--

Thanks & Regards
---
Arun Patidar
Director of Information SystemsHotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/>

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Suraj Khurana
Hello,

Making accounting configurable is no doubt a good idea.
IMO, we should have it on store level, a company could be associated with
multiple stores.
Store level gives freedom to make it configurable for specific store
belonging to same company.

Just my two cents.
--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Omni-channel OMS Technical Expert

[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Aman, Rishi,
>
> Why not have both?
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 03/05/2018 à 08:40, Rishi Solanki a écrit :
> > Hi Aman,
> > +1 for making it configurable.
> >
> > By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> > instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
> > transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
> may
> > record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
> > accounting transaction for other organization.
> >
> > This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario. So
> > big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
> > for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
> >
> > Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
> > but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
> > same instance.
> >

> > Rishi Solanki
> > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co
> >
> > On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> >> disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> >> disable accounting.
> >> So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries
> configurable.
> >> We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> >> 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> >> entertained accordingly.
> >>
> >> Thanks and regards,
> >> *Aman Agrawal*
> >> Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> >> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> >> www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Hi Arun,

This email address [hidden email] is not subscribed (typo?)

Jacques

Le 03/05/2018 à 09:40, Arun Patidar a écrit :

> +1 Aman, PartyAcctgPreference looks good to me. This will give the
> flexibility to control accounting on Company party level.
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aman, Rishi,
>>
>> Why not have both?
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 03/05/2018 à 08:40, Rishi Solanki a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Aman,
>>> +1 for making it configurable.
>>>
>>> By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
>>> instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
>>> transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
>>> may
>>> record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
>>> accounting transaction for other organization.
>>>
>>> This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario. So
>>> big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
>>> for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
>>>
>>> Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
>>> but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
>>> same instance.
>>>

>>> Rishi Solanki
>>> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>>> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
>>> Direct: +91-9893287847
>>> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
>>> www.hotwax.co
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Sharan Foga
Hi Aman

Great idea and +1!

 I think PartyAcctgPreference is a good level to have it, alongside other accounting related configuration parameters.  I wouldn’t be keen on splitting it so it is in two places as this could cause confusion.  e.g sales order prefix :-)

Thanks
Sharan

On 2018/05/03 06:11:44, Aman Agrawal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> disable accounting.
> So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
> We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> entertained accordingly.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> *Aman Agrawal*
> Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Arun Patidar-2
Thanks Jacques, this is a typo. I should use [hidden email] email
address in reply.

Thanks & Regards
---
Arun Patidar
Director of Information SystemsHotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co>

On 2018/05/03 06:40:43, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Aman,
> +1 for making it configurable.
>
> By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
> transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we may
> record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
> accounting transaction for other organization.
>
> This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario.

Hi Rishi

Something I've come across quite a few times is this.

Imagine the case where you have several companies recording transactions then one stops trading temporarily or permanently, becomes insolvent or merges with another one, which means that from a specific date you don’t want it any new transactions recorded a against it.

The existing transactions that have been processed are still valid in the previous company party and you will probably want to report on them from a historic perspective – but you would want to stop any new transactions being posted to that previous company.

Thanks
Sharan

So

> big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
> for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
>
> Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
> but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
> same instance.
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> > disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> > disable accounting.
> > So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
> > We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> > 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> > entertained accordingly.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > *Aman Agrawal*
> > Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> > www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Aman Agrawal
Thanks for your feedback. Here is the ticket id OFBIZ-10391
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10391>.

Thanks

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Sharan Foga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018/05/03 06:40:43, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Aman,
> > +1 for making it configurable.
> >
> > By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> > instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
> > transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
> may
> > record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
> > accounting transaction for other organization.
> >
> > This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario.
>
> Hi Rishi
>
> Something I've come across quite a few times is this.
>
> Imagine the case where you have several companies recording transactions
> then one stops trading temporarily or permanently, becomes insolvent or
> merges with another one, which means that from a specific date you don’t
> want it any new transactions recorded a against it.
>
> The existing transactions that have been processed are still valid in the
> previous company party and you will probably want to report on them from a
> historic perspective – but you would want to stop any new transactions
> being posted to that previous company.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> So
> > big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
> > for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
> >
> > Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
> > but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
> > same instance.
> >

> > Rishi Solanki
> > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co
> >
> > On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> > > disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> > > disable accounting.
> > > So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries
> configurable.
> > > We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> > > 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> > > entertained accordingly.
> > >
> > > Thanks and regards,
> > > *Aman Agrawal*
> > > Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> > > www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > > www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Deepak Dixit-3
Hi Suraj,

Accounting is not specific to store level configuration, as an ERP system
user can use individual module, like Manufacturing, HR etc.
So it should be at Company level instead of store level setting.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwax.co

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Suraj Khurana <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Making accounting configurable is no doubt a good idea.
> IMO, we should have it on store level, a company could be associated with
> multiple stores.
> Store level gives freedom to make it configurable for specific store
> belonging to same company.
>
> Just my two cents.
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> *Suraj Khurana* | Omni-channel OMS Technical Expert
> *HotWax Commerce*  by  *HotWax Systems*
> Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78, Vijay Nagar, Indore, M.P. India 452010
>

> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:34 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Aman, Rishi,
> >
> > Why not have both?
> >
> > Jacques
> >

> > Le 03/05/2018 à 08:40, Rishi Solanki a écrit :
> > > Hi Aman,
> > > +1 for making it configurable.
> > >
> > > By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> > > instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization
> accounting
> > > transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
> > may
> > > record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not
> record
> > > accounting transaction for other organization.
> > >
> > > This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario.
> So
> > > big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should
> go
> > > for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
> > >
> > > Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using
> PartyAcctgPreference
> > > but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations
> over
> > > same instance.
> > >

> > > Rishi Solanki
> > > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > > www.hotwax.co

> > configurable.

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Arun Patidar-3
Hi Jacques,

Now subscribed with [hidden email]

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 2:42 PM, Arun Patidar <[hidden email]

--

Thanks & Regards
---
Arun Patidar
Director of Information SystemsHotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/>

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Rishi Solanki
Thanks Sharan for the exact use case I was looking for.

+1 for the overall proposal.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Sharan Foga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018/05/03 06:40:43, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Aman,
> > +1 for making it configurable.
> >
> > By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
> > instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
> > transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
> may
> > record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
> > accounting transaction for other organization.
> >
> > This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario.
>
> Hi Rishi
>
> Something I've come across quite a few times is this.
>
> Imagine the case where you have several companies recording transactions
> then one stops trading temporarily or permanently, becomes insolvent or
> merges with another one, which means that from a specific date you don’t
> want it any new transactions recorded a against it.
>
> The existing transactions that have been processed are still valid in the
> previous company party and you will probably want to report on them from a
> historic perspective – but you would want to stop any new transactions
> being posted to that previous company.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> So
> > big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
> > for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
> >
> > Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
> > but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
> > same instance.
> >

> > Rishi Solanki
> > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> > Direct: +91-9893287847
> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co
> >
> > On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Aman Agrawal <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> > > disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> > > disable accounting.
> > > So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries
> configurable.
> > > We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> > > 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> > > entertained accordingly.
> > >
> > > Thanks and regards,
> > > *Aman Agrawal*
> > > Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> > > www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > > www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

taher
On a high level the idea is appealing, but I'm not exactly sure how
this would turn up in implementation. I can see the JIRA is still
empty, so perhaps the best time to vote on this is when looking at the
specifics.

More specifically, I would like to understand _how_ will you limit the
capability, what does the setting on party level translate to? And
where is that information stored? I think all of those seem like
important decisions.

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Sharan for the exact use case I was looking for.
>
> +1 for the overall proposal.
>
> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Sharan Foga <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 2018/05/03 06:40:43, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi Aman,
>> > +1 for making it configurable.
>> >
>> > By PartyAcctgPreference.enableAccounting flag you mean for an OFBiz
>> > instance if flag is enable then for that company/organization accounting
>> > transactions recorded otherwise not. That also mean, for an instance we
>> may
>> > record the accounting transaction for one organization and do not record
>> > accounting transaction for other organization.
>> >
>> > This is something I couldn't imagine in real world business scenario.
>>
>> Hi Rishi
>>
>> Something I've come across quite a few times is this.
>>
>> Imagine the case where you have several companies recording transactions
>> then one stops trading temporarily or permanently, becomes insolvent or
>> merges with another one, which means that from a specific date you don’t
>> want it any new transactions recorded a against it.
>>
>> The existing transactions that have been processed are still valid in the
>> previous company party and you will probably want to report on them from a
>> historic perspective – but you would want to stop any new transactions
>> being posted to that previous company.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sharan
>>
>> So
>> > big +1 for making it configurable but not sure about weather we should go
>> > for PartyAcctgPreference or may consider SystemProperty for that.
>> >
>> > Looking for others input, BTW, no objection on using PartyAcctgPreference
>> > but thinking if it is useful to add checks/efforts for organizations over
>> > same instance.
>> >

>> > Rishi Solanki
>> > Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
>> > HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
>> > Direct: +91-9893287847
>> > http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
>> > www.hotwax.co

>> configurable.

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Scott Gray-3
Another additional option we could consider at some point is to extract the
GL out to it's own component. It would simplify evaluation for people who
do want to use it, and removal for that don't or replacement for anyone who
wants to use something else.

Regards
Scott

On Thu, 3 May 2018, 18:12 Aman Agrawal, <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> disable accounting.
> So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries configurable.
> We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> entertained accordingly.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> *Aman Agrawal*
> Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Rishi Solanki
Interesting!!
Scott you are suggesting plugin or base component?

Thanks!

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Another additional option we could consider at some point is to extract the
> GL out to it's own component. It would simplify evaluation for people who
> do want to use it, and removal for that don't or replacement for anyone who
> wants to use something else.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> On Thu, 3 May 2018, 18:12 Aman Agrawal, <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> > disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> > disable accounting.
> > So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries
> configurable.
> > We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> > 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> > entertained accordingly.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > *Aman Agrawal*
> > Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> > www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Aman Agrawal
Hello,

In this, I have added one field 'enableAccounting' in the
PartyAcctgPreference entity. By this field added check whether accounting
is enable or not in the services used to create accounting transaction
entries.
I have uploaded patch for the same on OFBIZ-10391
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10391>.

Thanks and regards,

*Aman Agrawal*
Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Rishi Solanki <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Interesting!!
> Scott you are suggesting plugin or base component?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Rishi Solanki
> Sr Manager, Enterprise Software Development
> HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
> Direct: +91-9893287847
> http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co
>
> On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:54 PM, Scott Gray <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Another additional option we could consider at some point is to extract
> the
> > GL out to it's own component. It would simplify evaluation for people who
> > do want to use it, and removal for that don't or replacement for anyone
> who
> > wants to use something else.
> >
> > Regards
> > Scott
> >
> > On Thu, 3 May 2018, 18:12 Aman Agrawal, <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > In current flow, if we want to disable the accounting then we need to
> > > disable the set of seca's. We don't have any configurable setting to
> > > disable accounting.
> > > So, I have a proposal to make accounting transaction entries
> > configurable.
> > > We can manage this by adding a new field 'enableAccounting' in the
> > > 'PartyAcctgPreference' entity. Accounting transaction entries will be
> > > entertained accordingly.
> > >
> > > Thanks and regards,
> > > *Aman Agrawal*
> > > Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer
> > > www.hotwaxsystems.com
> > > www.hotwax.co

Re: [Proposal] Make accounting entry configurable

Sharan Foga
Now that is a very very interesting idea!

Thanks
Sharan