[QUESTION] createCustomerTaxAuthInfo

This is related with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4106

Should we allow users to create "Tax Identifications and Exemptions"? When they actually need to have the ACCOUNTING_CREATE, ACCOUNTING_ADMIN
permissions to do so. Which is not common for an ecommerce external use. Else you get

ERROR: Could not complete the Create a Customer PartyTaxAuthInfo [snip... partyId=DemoCustomer, locale=en_US}]: Security Error: to run
createPartyTaxAuthInfo you must have the one of the following permissions: ACCOUNTING_CREATE, ACCOUNTING_ADMIN]

Re: [QUESTION] createCustomerTaxAuthInfo

If nobody disagree I'll remove this feature from ecommerce in few days. The same exist in party and it needs admin rights in both places, so does not
make sense in ecommerce IMO.

> This is related with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4106
>
> Should we allow users to create "Tax Identifications and Exemptions"? When they actually need to have the ACCOUNTING_CREATE, ACCOUNTING_ADMIN
> permissions to do so. Which is not common for an ecommerce external use. Else you get
>
> ERROR: Could not complete the Create a Customer PartyTaxAuthInfo [snip... partyId=DemoCustomer, locale=en_US}]: Security Error: to run
> createPartyTaxAuthInfo you must have the one of the following permissions: ACCOUNTING_CREATE, ACCOUNTING_ADMIN]

Re: [QUESTION] createCustomerTaxAuthInfo

Sharan-F
Hi Jacques

The only case I can think of is that a customer may want to manage their
own tax info. For example if I know my VAT number or Tax number - do I
add it to my profile, or do I have to wait for it be verified and
completed by the accounting administrator?

Generally I think companies would want an accounting administrator to
take control of this type of tax and exemption information (rather than
leave it up to the customer themselves) as they will need to be
responsible for it and report on it to their tax authorities so they
need to make sure it is correct.

So I think it would be OK to remove it.

Thanks
Sharan

On 07/10/16 15:57, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> If nobody disagree I'll remove this feature from ecommerce in few
> days. The same exist in party and it needs admin rights in both
> places, so does not make sense in ecommerce IMO.
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 06/10/2016 à 20:58, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is related with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4106
>>
>> Should we allow users to create "Tax Identifications and Exemptions"?
>> When they actually need to have the ACCOUNTING_CREATE,
>> ACCOUNTING_ADMIN permissions to do so. Which is not common for an
>> ecommerce external use. Else you get
>>
>> ERROR: Could not complete the Create a Customer PartyTaxAuthInfo
>> [snip... partyId=DemoCustomer, locale=en_US}]: Security Error: to run
>> createPartyTaxAuthInfo you must have the one of the following
>> permissions: ACCOUNTING_CREATE, ACCOUNTING_ADMIN]
>>
>> Jacques

Re: [QUESTION] createCustomerTaxAuthInfo

Thanks Sharan,

Yes that was also my thought, thanks for the detailed confirmation. Also opening the accounting (or total) admin right to a customer seems not secure
to me.

Jacques