Question about ProductSearch from Catalog

Question about ProductSearch from Catalog

Ritesh Trivedi
Hi,

I cant seem to figure out, how product search from catalog is returning results from ONLY browse root category and its child categories?  Not sure if it returns from browse root and its children only but atleast it seems to be ignoring the results from all categories that have no parent correctly and I do not see any constraints being added for that in ProductSearchSession or related code.

Just a Note - I DO NOT have view allow category set for the catalog.