Question about ShoppingCart and ShoppingCartItem status

Question about ShoppingCart and ShoppingCartItem status

Scott Gray
Hi All

I'm still working on fixing editing/canceling orders and some of the
problems seem to be caused by loadCartFromOrder loading order items which
have been previously cancelled and recreateOrderAdjustments isn't expecting
this, also the cart itself seems to be qualifying promotions based on
cancelled items.
Question:
Should the cart load cancelled items and the code should know how to deal
with them or should cancelled items be left out of the cart altogether?

Thanks
Scott

Re: Question about ShoppingCart and ShoppingCartItem status

Scott,

Quick thinking answer : as you hesitate, did you think about a boolean
with 2 code branches ? Even if in a 1st time you create only 1 branch...
Using a cover if necessary.

Jacques

> Hi All
>
> I'm still working on fixing editing/canceling orders and some of the
> problems seem to be caused by loadCartFromOrder loading order items
which
> have been previously cancelled and recreateOrderAdjustments isn't
expecting
> this, also the cart itself seems to be qualifying promotions based on
> cancelled items.
> Question:
> Should the cart load cancelled items and the code should know how to
deal
> with them or should cancelled items be left out of the cart
altogether?

> Thanks
> Scott

Re: Question about ShoppingCart and ShoppingCartItem status

David E Jones

The ShoppingCart and related objects, including the promotions stuff,
were really not designed to handle changing existing orders, but
rather just creating new orders.

The current code was cobbled together, if I remember right (I don't
even remember who worked on it initially, but quite a few people have
worked on it since then), and only tested to a limited extent, so
it's not surprising that this sort of issue is coming up.

I'd say that for cancelled items there is no reason to load them into
the cart. They don't need to be considered in pricing or promotions
or anything.

Out the other end I don't know how the code works that then modifies
the order based on the cart, but it would have to be smart enough to
know with cart line corresponds with which OrderItem.

-David

On Apr 14, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm still working on fixing editing/canceling orders and some of the
> problems seem to be caused by loadCartFromOrder loading order items
> which
> have been previously cancelled and recreateOrderAdjustments isn't
> expecting
> this, also the cart itself seems to be qualifying promotions based on
> cancelled items.
> Question:
> Should the cart load cancelled items and the code should know how
> to deal
> with them or should cancelled items be left out of the cart
> altogether?
>
> Thanks
> Scott

Re: Question about ShoppingCart and ShoppingCartItem status

Scott Gray
Thanks David that's what I figured.

The cart line/OrderItem matching seems to work fine except for promos which
are cancelled and recreated as new OrderItems.  I'm looking at fixing that
once I get some of these other bugs ironed out.

Thanks for your help
Scott