Question about SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded

Question about SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded

Jacopo Cappellato
Let's say I have to purchase a raw material (rope) from a supplier; the
ordered quantity is expressed in centimeters and the minimum order
quantity (and order quantity increments) is 10000; the price for 10000
is 1$ and so the unit purchase price is 0.0001$.
This is the summary:
minimumOrderQuantity=10000
orderQtyIncrements=10000
quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
lastPrice=0.0001$

I could not enter this price in the SupplierProduct.lastPrice field
because the decimals allowed there are 2.

One solution I think is the following one:
minimumOrderQuantity=1
orderQtyIncrements=1
unitsIncluded=10000 (is it ok to use this field or should I add a new
one for this purpose?)
quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
lastPrice=1$

Does this make sense?

Jacopo

PS: I've noticed that the SupplierProduct.lastPrice is of type
currency-amount; shouldn't it be of type currency-precise like the
ProductPrice.price field?

Re: Question about SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded

David E Jones-2

It might be nice to use a pattern here that is similar to the one
used on the Product entity, ie the combination of the
quantityIncluded, quantityUomId, and piecesIncluded fields. These are
pretty flexible, and it would be consistent with existing things.

-David

On Sep 5, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Let's say I have to purchase a raw material (rope) from a supplier;
> the ordered quantity is expressed in centimeters and the minimum
> order quantity (and order quantity increments) is 10000; the price
> for 10000 is 1$ and so the unit purchase price is 0.0001$.
> This is the summary:
> minimumOrderQuantity=10000
> orderQtyIncrements=10000
> quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
> lastPrice=0.0001$
>
> I could not enter this price in the SupplierProduct.lastPrice field
> because the decimals allowed there are 2.
>
> One solution I think is the following one:
> minimumOrderQuantity=1
> orderQtyIncrements=1
> unitsIncluded=10000 (is it ok to use this field or should I add a
> new one for this purpose?)
> quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
> lastPrice=1$
>
> Does this make sense?
>
> Jacopo
>
> PS: I've noticed that the SupplierProduct.lastPrice is of type
> currency-amount; shouldn't it be of type currency-precise like the
> ProductPrice.price field?

Re: Question about SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded

Jacopo Cappellato
Ok, something like this (continuing with my example)?

quantityIncluded = 10000 (new field)
quantityUomId = LEN_cm (centimeters)
lastPrice = 1$
unitsIncluded = 1

Is it correct?

Jacopo

David E Jones wrote:

> It might be nice to use a pattern here that is similar to the one used
> on the Product entity, ie the combination of the quantityIncluded,
> quantityUomId, and piecesIncluded fields. These are pretty flexible, and
> it would be consistent with existing things.
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 5, 2006, at 3:41 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>
>> Let's say I have to purchase a raw material (rope) from a supplier;
>> the ordered quantity is expressed in centimeters and the minimum order
>> quantity (and order quantity increments) is 10000; the price for 10000
>> is 1$ and so the unit purchase price is 0.0001$.
>> This is the summary:
>> minimumOrderQuantity=10000
>> orderQtyIncrements=10000
>> quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
>> lastPrice=0.0001$
>>
>> I could not enter this price in the SupplierProduct.lastPrice field
>> because the decimals allowed there are 2.
>>
>> One solution I think is the following one:
>> minimumOrderQuantity=1
>> orderQtyIncrements=1
>> unitsIncluded=10000 (is it ok to use this field or should I add a new
>> one for this purpose?)
>> quantityUomId=LEN_cm (centimeters)
>> lastPrice=1$
>>
>> Does this make sense?
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> PS: I've noticed that the SupplierProduct.lastPrice is of type
>> currency-amount; shouldn't it be of type currency-precise like the
>> ProductPrice.price field?

Re: Question about SupplierProduct.unitsIncluded

David E Jones-2

It looks like there is already a unitsIncluded field on the entity
that is a floating-point, just as the quantityIncluded should be.

So, what we should probably do is add a piecesIncluded field that is
a numeric.

I guess it would be something like:

> piecesIncluded = 1 (new field)
> quantityUomId = LEN_cm (centimeters)