Question about the success response to the login request

Question about the success response to the login request

Jacopo Cappellato
I've noticed that there is a difference between the way the "login"
request is set in some of the applications.

For example, in the ordermgr, marketing, manufacturing, example
applications it is:

<request-map uri="login">
   <security https="true" auth="false"/>
   <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginWorker"
invoke="login"/>
   <response name="success" type="view" value="main"/>
   <response name="error" type="view" value="login"/>
</request-map>

in the content, facility applications it is:

<request-map uri="login">
   <security https="true" auth="false"/>
   <event type="java" path="org.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginWorker"
invoke="login"/>
   <response name="success" type="request" value="checkLogin"/>
   <response name="error" type="view" value="login"/>
</request-map>

Notice the difference in the "success" response.
Do we need to apply a common pattern? And which one is the correct one?

Re: Question about the success response to the login request

David E Jones

Yeah, the second one is kind of weird. I'm not sure why we'd want to do another checkLogin after the login was successful...

Going to the main page, or perhaps even redirecting to it after a login, is fine.

-David