Questions to speed up learning process.

MONTAÑA Gonzalo
Good day all.

 I am quite new to OfBIZ and I would like to post following questions:
1) Most widely used DB for OfBIZ in production environment would be
postgres or mariadb?. Reason I asked is to have wider support and
knowledge in case of problems.
2) Anybody knows where to find a fine book or paper about getting the
most of OfBIZ working effort ?
3) Somebody told me that there thouthands plugins developed for OfBIZ
.Is there a site where plugins are available to download, test or use
?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Carlos

Re: Questions to speed up learning process.

Pritam Kute
Hello MONTAÑA,

Welcome to the OFBiz community, The answers to your questions are as
follows.

1) As per my experience with OFBiz. The most widely used database with
OFBiz is MySQL. If I want to choose between Postgres and Maria DB, I will
go with Postgres.
2) List of books you can refer can be found on OFBiz Wiki here.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Related+Books
3) There might be chances that a lot of people have individually created
plugins for OFBiz but official plugins are available here.
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:02 AM MONTAÑA Gonzalo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Good day all.
>
>  I am quite new to OfBIZ and I would like to post following questions:
> 1) Most widely used DB for OfBIZ in production environment would be
> postgres or mariadb?. Reason I asked is to have wider support and
> knowledge in case of problems.
> 2) Anybody knows where to find a fine book or paper about getting the
> most of OfBIZ working effort ?
> 3) Somebody told me that there thouthands plugins developed for OfBIZ
> .Is there a site where plugins are available to download, test or use
> ?
>

> Thank you very much.
>

> Best regards.
>

> Carlos

Re: Questions to speed up learning process.

Nicolas Malin-2
Hello

On 09/05/2021 20:31, MONTAÑA Gonzalo wrote:
> 1) Most widely used DB for OfBIZ in production environment would be
> postgres or mariadb?. Reason I asked is to have wider support and
> knowledge in case of problems.

From our part, at Nereide we deploy all OFBiz with Postgres database.

Nicolas

Re: Questions to speed up learning process.

Akshay_M
Depends upon the capacity, we all learn something new each and everyday isn’t it? But I do understand and accept the fact that we forget that as well. We can come across so many times when we saw some people learn faster and they can remember it too…. so are they “Genius”?

No…they simply use some of brain hacks of techniques through which they can learn in a way more faster and easier…. here are some of the tricks:

After learning something, teach other person the same thing that you have just learned. If not a person, then you can just practice in front of the mirror as if you are teaching something. Through this you can just speed up your learning and remember more and more.
Try to take notes whatever you learn. Avoid writing it in a laptop or computer. Why? Because it may be faster to take notes on a laptop or computer but using a pen and paper will aid you to learn and comprehend in a way better.
Most important…please take a study nap or if you don’t feel so then take a gap. This is important when it comes to retaining what you learn.
You can also make changes to your daily study routine and study materials as well. This will improve your learning.
Try to improve your note taking ability. How? Use pen and paper more. The better your notes will be, the faster you’ll learn.
You will surprised to know that hydration also plays a vital role while learning. Drinking water can actually make us smarter as it keeps our body formative and functioning properly.
You can also make your learning process into a funny game, with rules and rewards. Try these…best of luck.

Re: Questions to speed up learning process.

WEda
What measures does Parimatch have in place to ensure fair play and protect players' personal and financial information?