Quick Checkout from cart

Is there any reasons why there are no links for Quick Checkout from cart
in eCommerce ?

I f nobody reply to this message I will consider that there are no
problems to add one and will do it in some days.

Re: Quick Checkout from cart

Tim Ruppert
Jacques, I see the Quick Checkout link on the minicart (for registered users) - and the Quick Checkout link for anonymous users on the login page - but no Quick Checkout for Registered users on the login page.

I wonder if it would be confusing if you added it to the cart itself though?  What do you think?

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Mar 2, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Hi,

Is there any reasons why there are no links for Quick Checkout from cart
in eCommerce ?

I f nobody reply to this message I will consider that there are no
problems to add one and will do it in some days.

Re: Quick Checkout from cart

Tim, All,

Actually I prefer to alway use Quick Checkout. That's why I asked fort this on ML. Because when I take a look at the cart each time after I get back to the previous product page and use quick checkout (quicker ;o). So that's why I wondered why there was no link for quick checkout there. I can't see why it migth be confusing to have one. I'm certainly missing something here. Please can you elaborate your concern ? You speak about the login page, is that related with your concern for the cart ?

PS : sorry, a question about english. In the sentence above "there was no link for quick checkout there" I did not use plural for "link" because it's obvious that only one should be. But is that correct english ? Thanks...

  http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

  o:801.649.6594
  f:801.649.6595

  On Mar 2, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

    Hi,

    Is there any reasons why there are no links for Quick Checkout from cart
    in eCommerce ?

    I f nobody reply to this message I will consider that there are no
    problems to add one and will do it in some days.

Re: Quick Checkout from cart

Tim Ruppert
Comments inline:

On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Tim, All,
>
> Actually I prefer to alway use Quick Checkout. That's why I asked
> fort this on ML. Because when I take a look at the cart each time
> after I get back to the previous product page and use quick
> checkout (quicker ;o). So that's why I wondered why there was no
> link for quick checkout there. I can't see why it migth be
> confusing to have one. I'm certainly missing something here. Please
> can you elaborate your concern ? You speak about the login page, is
> that related with your concern for the cart ?
Ok - here's what I would do.  We have a View Cart, Quick Checkout and
Checkout links in the minicart - let's leave that as is.  On the
login page, currently it says Checkout Without Login -> Checkout & ->
Quick Checkout.  We should do the same thing for the Registered User
area in some form or fashion.  If that means that we have to have
multiple links below than cool - but more than likely - what you were
talking about earlier - and putting a Quick Checkout link in the cart
is probably the way to go.

My two cents

> PS : sorry, a question about english. In the sentence above "there
> was no link for quick checkout there" I did not use plural for
> "link" because it's obvious that only one should be. But is that
> correct english ? Thanks...

Seems like correct English to me my friend - but I'm not the guy to
talk to about that stuff.

Re: Quick Checkout from cart

Tim,

OK, I forgot (even not sure I even used it, though I saw it before, not
an obvious one) the "[Quick Checkout]" link in header. So it's not
needed

Thanks for your reply

Jacques