RFC - Language Translation Idea

Adrian Crum
Someone contributed a chinese translation recently, and there is discussion in
the user ml about an arabic translation. Both of those languages have a
right-to-left reading direction.

I demonstrated in Jira issue OFBIZ-633 how the reading direction can be switched
by cascading a rtl style sheet - and still use the main style sheet.

Here's my idea: since any language translation will require (at the least) a
language-specific version of CommonUiLabels.properties, why not have a property
called CommonReadingDirection in that file, which when set to "rtl" would
automatically add a rtl style sheet to the list of styles sheets (via the
GlobalDecorator).

This change would only require a small rtl style sheet and a conditional
statement in the GlobalDecorator. I could add those items after the UI refactor.

Any thoughts?

-Adrian