RMI VS AXIS

Raj-18
Hi all

I have general question related with SOA in ofbiz

What is difference between RMI and axis web service  ,why ofbiz has  both?.

Regards

P.Raj

RE: RMI VS AXIS

Andrew Sykes
Raj,

All this stuff is secure to star with - i.e. the services are not
exported and such like.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep the system secure.

For example with RMI, you should definitely use the JSSE stuff.

If you are using an HTTP based communication like SOAP, or simply HTTP
itself, you should try to do this via SSL/HTTPS, HTTP should really only
be used for testing purposes, or within a secure network.

This is just basically the normal commonsense stuff you would apply when
implementing any distributed system.

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards