Re: Dev - Your message to Dev awaits moderator approval

Re: Dev - Your message to Dev awaits moderator approval

Adam Heath-2
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, [hidden email] wrote:

> Your mail to 'Dev' with the subject
>
>     RFC: ofbiz entity sql(90% done)

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Message body is too big: 77458 bytes with a limit of 50 KB
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>
>     http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/confirm/dev/e059765c8f9784d1b653725faa04ec2d098be080

Could the listmaster please accept this mail?

Re: Dev - Your message to Dev awaits moderator approval

cjhowe
I'm sure David will send a similar message to
you...He's sent them to me :) Would it be better for
you to put your attachment in a JIRA issue or attach
it somewhere in the wiki? To keep the load on the mail
server at a minimum, messages over 50K need approval.
there are afterall hundreds of people that get every
message on this list automatically sent to them.

--- Adam Heath <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, [hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Your mail to 'Dev' with the subject
> >
> >     RFC: ofbiz entity sql(90% done)
> >
> > Is being held until the list moderator can review
> it for approval.
> >
> > The reason it is being held:
> >
> >     Message body is too big: 77458 bytes with a
> limit of 50 KB
> >
> > Either the message will get posted to the list, or
> you will receive
> > notification of the moderator's decision.  If you
> would like to cancel
> > this posting, please visit the following URL:

http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/confirm/dev/e059765c8f9784d1b653725faa04ec2d098be080

> Could the listmaster please accept this mail?

Re: Dev - Your message to Dev awaits moderator approval

David E. Jones

I don't actually send these ones personally, that is automatically done by Mailman. I do sometimes respond to held messages (once every day generally), or just let them through, and then the message coming back from Mailman will have a comment in it from me.

In this case I agree that Jira is probably a better place for this unless it is just for review, then perhaps the the wiki. Still, if you'd like I'll let this through. It's not too big, but it's still a fair amount to send out to a few hundred people.

-David

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Chris Howe wrote:

> I'm sure David will send a similar message to
> you...He's sent them to me :) Would it be better for
> you to put your attachment in a JIRA issue or attach
> it somewhere in the wiki? To keep the load on the mail
> server at a minimum, messages over 50K need approval.
> there are afterall hundreds of people that get every
> message on this list automatically sent to them.

It's not at that point yet.  It's more to start discussion, and start the next
steps.  I've yet to alter my code to make it fit back into the existing code
base.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, David E. Jones wrote:

> I don't actually send these ones personally, that is automatically done by
> Mailman. I do sometimes respond to held messages (once every day generally),
> or just let them through, and then the message coming back from Mailman will
> have a comment in it from me.
>
> In this case I agree that Jira is probably a better place for this unless
> it is just for review, then perhaps the the wiki. Still, if you'd like I'll
> let this through. It's not too big, but it's still a fair amount to send out
> to a few hundred people.

Well, I can remove the attachments, then just link to them on some site.

I am looking to get this into OfBiz.  On that note, I was wanting to get
discussion started, so that the best way to do that could be accomplished.  I
find that wikis are good for documentation, but not for ongoing discussions.

Re: Dev - Your message to Dev awaits moderator approval

I agree that wikis are no good for discussions. It would be a good place to upload something and do a short write up on it that you would like others to read and such, and then you could include a link to it in an email to start discussion on it.