Re: Dev - newbie's question when coding ofbiz

Re: Dev - newbie's question when coding ofbiz

cjhowe

You have two choices.

1) Accept that Java needs to be compiled
    However, you don't need to rebuild all of OFBiz.
You can simply run ant from your new application's
directory (assuming you have a working build file.

2) Don't use Java
    Unless you're needing some rather unique methods
try writing your "functions" in minilang or in
beanshell script (you may want to go back and write
beanshell scripts in Java if you're requiring
performance, but for testing, beanshell should
suffice)
.
--- Pham Hoai Van <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a new app for ofbiz and get a problem at
> the first start. That's
> after writing new function or new class, I need to
> restart the server for
> other classes to recognize newly created one. But
> restarting the server
> takes me 10 to 15 minutes :( so can anybody tell me
> how to use hot swap in
> this situation.
>
> Any ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.
> Regards,
> Van.

Re: Dev - newbie's question when coding ofbiz

Vinay Agarwal
Van,

Java functions require restart of the server. On the other hand, beanshell
and minilang functions do not. Depending upon your system and database, the
server restart can take somewhere from 30-120 seconds. Even with this
problem I use Java most of the times because of its debugger.

Regards,
Vinay

Re: Dev - newbie's question when coding ofbiz

What kind of hardware are you using?  How could it possibly take 10 to
15 minutes?